Sleepy Hollow Display Beginings

allosaur176

Sr Member
Well I finally got around to painting up the Pinkerton skull that I have had for a few years and with the exception of possibly repainting the teeth, I'm happy with it... The teeth look lighter in person, and the pics from my phone make them look more yellow than they actually are..

So I decided to make a stand, then find some of the other replicas I've had packed away and put them in the Detolf.. I just wish I had a bigger area so I could add the sword, axe and town sign taken from the screen used piece..

sleepy3.jpg

sleepy2.jpg

sleepy1.jpg

I plan on making the skull stand more interesting in time, and possibly add some fake leaves and vines to spruce it up a bit...

I would love to hear some other suggestions!

Just for fun,
IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

Last edited:
Love Sleepy Hollow, the movie was okay...I'm really into the the Legend, the horseman, and all things hollow. Nice start. Want to start my collection of Hollow soon.
mike

Thanks guys!!!!

It looks really good. Where did you get the knife?

I got it off Ebay about a year or 2 after the movie came out.. I would love one made out of metal tho.. Maybe we can get Relicmaker to do a run!!!

Love Sleepy Hollow, the movie was okay...I'm really into the the Legend, the horseman, and all things hollow. Nice start. Want to start my collection of Hollow soon.
mike

Same here... I actually live about 40 min north of Sleepy Hollow.. Made a trip down there last year and took a bunch of pics... I would love to take the skull down there and take a few pics in the original section of the cemetery and the Horseman's bridge

Nice work Rob! I think the skull looks perfect and I'd leave it exactly how you have it. This is how I think Ichabod would display it.

Very cool stuff, but didn't the horseman's head in the film have teeth ground down to points? Still though, very cool. You could always try and re-produce Ichabod's bag? That would be an interesting companion piece to the glasses.

Very cool stuff, but didn't the horseman's head in the film have teeth ground down to points? Still though, very cool. You could always try and re-produce Ichabod's bag? That would be an interesting companion piece to the glasses.

The teeth are actually pointed, just can't tell with the pics..I will try to get some close up shots this week...

Great stuff! Sleepy Hollow has been a favourite of mine for as long as I could remember. I particularly love Icabod's glasses.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back