Mouser from teenage mutant ninja turtles

lunacyfx

ok this is the inspiration i would love to see who would want to join in this project i would love to build a 3 foot model of the mouser but i am not good with scale. i am very good at building stuff from scrap tough so if some one can make plans and a break down on the parts i can see about getting it built. i think this would be an awesome model to see built

well the hood scoop on his head, you might be able to get at a R/C car shop that sells the car bodies, and his "hips" look like over sized Iron man ear caps lol

well the hood scoop on his head, you might be able to get at a R/C car shop that sells the car bodies, and his "hips" look like over sized Iron man ear caps lol

very true all really awesome ideas the problem is dimensions if i want the model to be like 3 feet tall then the per portions for like head size and also length of legs stuff like that

very true all really awesome ideas the problem is dimensions if i want the model to be like 3 feet tall then the per portions for like head size and also length of legs stuff like that

Did you ever draw anything? What´s your "artistic" background?

I ask because it looks like you don´t know how to figure out the basic stuff? if you want the robot to stand 3 feet tall, then you should take the picture and go from that reference.

You might want to draw a front and side elevation of the mouser, based on the drawing you have. Best would be lifesized, then you can just take that lifesized drawing and cut the items you need to size without having to do any calculations.

You could take that small drawing, size it up so that the top middle of the head and the space between the bottom of the feet of the mouser are about 3 feet apart, and then take measurements from that. It´s drawn in a neat almost isometric view, so that should be a good way to get measurements.

EDIT: I just noticed that the drawing is fanart, right? THere are a lot of other pics out there of the actual mouse droids, comics and animated versions. But the one you plan to build looks nice, too, and a clean buildup sure would help improve the design a bit.

Honestly, building this out of plastic would be simpler than doing all metal. If you had a vacuumforming machine, all you'd need to do is sculpt pink foam positives and then make it that way. The head would be the easiest part to do due to the egg-like oval shape. The legs would be the simplest pieces to construct without using vacuumforming.

Honestly, building this out of plastic would be simpler than doing all metal. If you had a vacuumforming machine, all you'd need to do is sculpt pink foam positives and then make it that way. The head would be the easiest part to do due to the egg-like oval shape. The legs would be the simplest pieces to construct without using vacuumforming.

does any one have plans for a good vacuuformer something nice in size just in case i wanna make armor and other big things. olso where i can buy the styrene sheets please pm me

For the head, I'd find a large plastic egg. They're available online, just have to poke around. There's one one the 'bay right now, 6"x4".

The body can be done in PVC, the neck from flex duct. The legs can be done in wood or pieces of square styrene rod, glued together.

-Fred

I think Gigatron provided a much easier method than vacuumforming. As for plans, there's various I can think of at the following link (the cheapest one is the first one, that is if you have an electric oven. You could use a heat gun for that method instead of an electric oven, but that would be difficult because of trying to distribute the heat evenly). YouTube also have a few video tutorials for making them as well.

well i think i am gonna make it nice sturdy and detailed so i can make a mold of it so i can cast parts and maybe offer it as a kit thats if there is any interest in it .If not its still gonna be an awesome model to add to my collection

Post Pics when your done! Personally I've always thought the Mousers were the best part of Ninja Turtles... poor guys never got much screen time.

hi,
first off, im a big fan of scratch builds, and models that generally havent been done before, as not only is it a challege, but the end results are well work it, if you check out my Optimus and ravage ive just done, these were built from the toys, i simply scaled up, then changed things here and there, on prime, i changed things to stop it looking like a giant toy, on ravage i gave him extra joints in his tail,legs,neck and head, but both my models were based on toys, you could get a mouser toy, and scale it up, then look at pics of mousers and go with the one that looks the best, it depends on the look your going for too, if you go for the cartoon look, it will look less mean, but the eastman and laird look will probaly look gritty and mean, its finding a happy meduim on what you want, i build in wood and styrene, and use car filler to lose joints, add curves etc, hope this helps, and if you need any help drop me a line mate
all the best
colin

ok sorry for taking so long but ive got one of the legs modeled i will be working on the body soon and also the head but this is what i got so far :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back