Help with fabric dying??

GBrittelleJr

What happens if you dye khaki fabric blue? Does anyone know the outcome? I've got a light khaki jumpsuit that I need to dye to a pale to royal blue. It's unfortunately a 65/35 poly/cotton mix. I've already soaked it in two boxes of RIT color remover and two cups of bleach. It definitely faded, but is still khaki. Anything I could do?? Thanks!!

I've done it before. It'll work, but the result will be a little odd. Parts of it, like the zippers, will remain khaki. I dyed a khaki jumpsuit grey myself, and it worked well enough for what I was doing.

Being that it has more poly than cotton your going to have issue removing or dying the jumpsuit to begin with.
The rit color remover is your best bet to take out the color.
But check Joannes they have this new dye I called:
Jacquard iDye Natural Fabric Dye - MANY COLORS : tie dye & fabric dye : fabric-crafting : crafts : Shop | Joann.com
It comes in a poly dye it might be worth a shot. I haven't tried it myself and they also have a color remover.
Good luck, dying fabric is not fun! I've had to many times but I stick to 100% cotton and start from white for any costume builds.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back