Enter The Dragon / Bear claw replica

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know, I know. It's just one of those things I've always wanted. Dunno...can't help myself. :p

Working on it now... Most of it is being machined.

So, does anyone else have anything (replica wise) from the film?

Just curious. I tend to gravitate towards odd, 70's era props like this.

Here's a few caps for those who may not know what I'm talking about.

- Rylo

I'm with you on the 70's era props and I love that claw. I always thought the throwing knife earrings were cool as well. What I always find funny when I am watching Enter the Dragon is that the guy with the claw lasts as long as he does against Bruce Lee. :p

Love it.

I don't have any thing from that film but I have the "Game of Death" JKD Track Suit that I bought from AWMA in 1978, that and the shoes as well as the Jade Bamboo from that film as well.

I got a lot of looks when "Kill Bill" came out and had to educate a few people as to where Quentin got the suit from. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Aug 27 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]1308115[/snapback]</div>
Love it.

I don't have any thing from that film but I have the "Game of Death" JKD Track Suit that I bought from AWMA in 1978, that and the shoes as well as the Jade Bamboo from that film as well.

I got a lot of looks when "Kill Bill" came out and had to educate a few people as to where Quentin got the suit from. :lol
[/b]

I killed hours browsing those AWMA adds back in the day. I had the "Game Of Death" swivel chucks.
In fact, I ordered a bunch of throwing stars from them when I was in the 5th grade and re-sold them at recess. :D My first prop sales.

<div class='quotetop'>(Rylo @ Aug 27 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1308127[/snapback]</div>
I had the "Game Of Death" swivel chucks.
In fact, I ordered a bunch of throwing stars from them when I was in the 5th grade and re-sold them at recess. :D My first prop sales.
[/b]

:lol Had the same chucks too. :lol

I bet no one pissed you off at recess. :lol

Hey Rylo... I like it. I loved going to the theater in the early 70's to see Bruce Lee movies. :D

Have you thought about doing the '5 knife bladed hand' too. It would make a nice set. :p

James

You have built a fighting force of incredible magnitude. Our spirits are foged in the tradition of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

:sleep

You have offended the Shaolin temple...

Actually, I used to have a replica of the nunchaku that he uses in his fight with the guards. It's a little different than most standard nunchaku because the chain is considerably longer than a normal pair. Very difficult to use or to do kata.

DON'T.... look at the finger.

finger%20point.gif

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 31 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1310776[/snapback]</div>
You have built a fighting force of incredible magnitude. Our spirits are foged in the tradition of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

:sleep
[/b]

Glad to see someone quote this. Dr Claw has some very interesting hand attachments if I remember correctly. :p

"What a world... What a world.. I was building a fighting force of incredible magnitude..." :lol :lol :lol

I still laugh at that film. Between it, Cleopatra Shwartz, and Samuel L Bronkowitz, I knew why I wanted to work in the industry. LOL

-Skyler101

<div class='quotetop'>(The Watchman @ Aug 28 2006, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1308100[/snapback]</div>
What I always find funny when I am watching Enter the Dragon is that the guy with the claw lasts as long as he does against Bruce Lee. :p[/b]
Don't forget that the one-handed crime lord Han is a former Shaolin monk. While Bruce Lee's character is also a Shaolin monk, Han has experience on his side, and lots more years of practice.

Even in real life, the actor who played Han, Kien Shih, IS an expert at Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, so he could actually go quite a few rounds with Bruce Lee.

Edit: Actually 'Kien Shih' is a westernised version of his name, which puts the family name last. In Mandarin his name's actually Shih Kien.

I always liked what they did with the hand attachements on the spoof that was on "Kentucky Fried Movie" :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back