John Carter (Post-release)

Re: John Carter

Two cast members from Wolverine. It looks like it might be a rental for me. I liked the music though.

The last attempt at this (Traci Lords Princess of Mars 2009) was soooo miserably awful that I despaired of ever seeing a good version of the book(s). I always wanted to make A Princess of Mars into a film, so I am hugely invested in someone doing a good job with the material.

Could be interesting though personally I'm not big on love stories in action/adventure films.

Wow, color me unimpressed and I was actually looking forward to this movie. It looks like a cross between Prince of Persia and Conan to me. So much for Mars being the Red planet, looks a lot more iike the American Southwest than another planet; it's like the Stargate version of Mars where almost every planet looks like Vancouver.

I breezed through them all around 7th grade. They didn't make a huge impression. I haven't cracked one since, so I don't know how they'd fare.

The thing about John Carter of Mars is, it's one of the most famous sci-fi movies NEVER made. Studios and directors and scriptwriters have been trying to get a film adaptation made for as long as there's BEEN a film industry and have always failed! :eek

So, imagine my surprise when I discovered last night that The Asylum, the same B-movie studio that brought us the Transmorphers movies and all those crappy SyFy Channel monster movies, filmed Princess of Mars back in 2009 for a direct-to-DVD release starring B-movie faves Antonio Sabato, Jr. as John Carter (a veteran of the IRAQ war in their version :rolleyes) and Traci Lords as Dejah Thoris! :rolleyes

Princessofmarsdvdcover.jpg

I can GUARANTEE you this will be prominently displayed on Wal*Mart store shelves come March, when the REAL film adaptation hits theaters, just as was the case with their recent direct-to-DVD movie Almighty Thor, starring Richard Grieco as Loki! :lol

The thing about John Carter of Mars is, it's one of the most famous sci-fi movies NEVER made. Studios and directors and scriptwriters have been trying to get a film adaptation made for as long as there's BEEN a film industry and have always failed! :eek

So, imagine my surprise when I discovered last night that The Asylum, the same B-movie studio that brought us the Transmorphers movies and all those crappy SyFy Channel monster movies, filmed Princess of Mars back in 2009 for a direct-to-DVD release starring B-movie faves Antonio Sabato, Jr. as John Carter (a veteran of the IRAQ war in their version :rolleyes) and Traci Lords as Dejah Thoris! :rolleyes

Princessofmarsdvdcover.jpg

I can GUARANTEE you this will be prominently displayed on Wal*Mart store shelves come March, when the REAL film adaptation hits theaters, just as was the case with their recent direct-to-DVD movie Almighty Thor, starring Richard Grieco as Loki! :lol

Almighty Thor was the biggest and I do mean the biggest piece of crap ever filmed The sy fy channel are horrible at thor movies this is the second one that I have seen and they both suck rotten eggs.

Does that mean there won't be a Gor series of flicks?:love

This has all the earmarks of Gor, from what I can see...Man mysteriously transported to a Counter-Earth, two moons, less gravity, primitive armies, battles, D/S erotic interplay, otherworldly creatures (priest-kings), themes of honor, etc.

I know there has been a lot of comparison of John Norman' stories to Burroughs's The Mucker, and others over the years...but this seems blatantly Gorean to me.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back