What happened to the plans for a metal "Men in Black" J2 pistol?

extreme_too2

I remember about a year ago there was somebody working on metal J2's, but now I can't find the thread about it.

I was really looking forward to this. The J2 is pretty effin' cool.....

Here's a picture of Tommy Lee Jones holding one in case you've never seen the gun before...

mib_03.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(extreme_too2 @ Aug 27 2006, 02:09 AM) [snapback]1307737[/snapback]</div>
I remember about a year ago there was somebody working on metal J2's, but now I can't find the thread about it.

I was really looking forward to this. The J2 is pretty effin' cool.....

Here's a picture of Tommy Lee Jones holding one in case you've never seen the gun before...

mib_03.jpg

[/b]
I remember that too. I was also wondering about the little cricket gun.
Jonnie Wishbone

I remember this also I think a rpf member was doing this
I believe they were going to be die cast metal with a chrome finish
I had put a deposit down on one but the deal did not go thru :(
and I got a refund

at least I got a noisy cricket that somebody here had made a run of
it has an electronic board but i cannot find the instructions to install it :( :confused :(

TK648

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Aug 27 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1307963[/snapback]</div>
Now before anyone flames me, I like the MIB guns a lot, but still, does anyone think they are trying to make a certain kind of statement with THAT design?

:angel
[/b]

WoW.......found parts :confused :lol :confused

Time for a Hardwear version of that MIB blaster :D :lol :D

Just funnin with you :)

TK648

<div class='quotetop'>(SurferGeek @ Aug 27 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1307954[/snapback]</div>
Didn't someone post a picture from a con of a slideshow that MR was playing that showed a J2?
[/b]

Yea, someone did and I hope they do more MIB props...

2006 Sneak Peek huh, not much time left to make these happen.
MR Sneak Peek

<div class='quotetop'>(Lawgiver @ Aug 27 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1307980[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(SurferGeek @ Aug 27 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1307954[/snapback]
Didn't someone post a picture from a con of a slideshow that MR was playing that showed a J2?
[/b]

Yea, someone did and I hope they do more MIB props...

2006 Sneak Peek huh, not much time left to make these happen.
MR Sneak Peek
[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I knew I'd seen it posted elsewhere.

x14932p8_2_bgh219.jpg

Although it could well be vaporware... :lol

A member here made the guns for MiB--I wonder if he's willing to post pictures of the original, or if he still has them. :love

<div class='quotetop'>(synasp @ Aug 27 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1308026[/snapback]</div>
A member here made the guns for MiB--I wonder if he's willing to post pictures of the original, or if he still has them. :love
[/b]

Oh, you tease, you.

Seriously though, that'd be awesome to actually hear from the person who made the J2.

<div class='quotetop'>(TK648 @ Aug 27 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1307967[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Aug 27 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1307963[/snapback]
Now before anyone flames me, I like the MIB guns a lot, but still, does anyone think they are trying to make a certain kind of statement with THAT design?

:angel
[/b]

WoW.......found parts :confused :lol :confused

Time for a Hardwear version of that MIB blaster :D :lol :D

Just funnin with you :)

TK648
[/b][/quote]

So, what found parts are you noticing on there? Just out of curiousity....

<div class='quotetop'></div>
[/b]

It was a joke that referenced an adult novelty toy, that has since went *poof*

<div class='quotetop'>(exoray @ Aug 27 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1308053[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
[/b]

It was a joke that referenced an adult novelty toy, that has since went *poof*
[/b][/quote]

Ah, yes. Well, the barrel does have a very vibrator-ish look about it. But it adds to the unusual look of the piece. And it makes it a little more dangerous. I mean, if I saw a gun that looked like that, I'd be doing everything I could think of to keep it away from me...

Holy Crap!! it looks beautiful. how close are you to a final production piece? from the looks of it, it looks very well done!! any light FX you plan on doing or will it be just static lights (on/off) or will it have a triggered response?

can't wait for this baby.

Glad you like it!

We are aiming to have this on the market at the end of this year, but it still has to go through both our final approval and licensor final approval processes so its too early to give a firm date today.

But based on how the project has come together so far its been going very well and we are very pleased.

Its will be an all metal and die-cast construction, with sounds and lights, with a museum quality display stand, acrylic cover, plaque etc.

We will continue to update as we know more

Thanks again

Thank you in advance Factory Entertainment for hopefully bringing a metal MiB J2 to the replica market! Before being "neuralyzed" at the end of your MIIB Neuralyzer un-boxing video, I enjoyed seeing the detailed blue resin version of the J2. The link to the sneak-peak of the metal prototype on this thread is looking good. As Bowelrock mentioned earlier, it does appear all the barrel holes might be the same size, but they could just be the angle/perspective of the photo. Hopefully you have had access to one of Rick Gamez's MiB originals for prototyping, and the holes will actually be different sizes, as seen below from one of Mr. Gamez's J2s...

J2 Front Holes
J2frontcoll1za4.jpg

Please keep us posted as to the continued development of the J2 replica and advise costs, when pre-orders may be taken, expected delivery dates, etc. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back