Full Neo Outfit (Matrix Reloaded)

Extremador

I was trying to search for it here on Google and didn't find it, but found this and was shocked.

Complete Neo (Keanu Reeves) Costume

This is the entire thing, which I have NEVER seen before. The thing that interests me the most after the actual coat is the shoes he wears, which are more like boots without laces. In that link, the shoes have laces, but I definitely don't think it's correct.

Here are two screencaps. In the first one, you can clearly see there are no laces, and in the second one (in the lower right corner) you can see that they go above his ankles.

I researched this costume long ago. The boots included with the propstore costume are not the originals. The boots worn by Keanu on set do in fact have laces. However, they are very short. I believe there are only 3 eyelets (per side) on the boots.

Are they at the top of the boot then? Cause those screenshots (and all the other scenes where you can fully see the boot) it doesn't look like there are laces.

Regardless, I really wish I knew where to get them from. Those are some sexy boots/shoes. :love

Yes, they are at the top. Both those screenshots you posted show them, although not very clearly.

You can see the loops of the laces in this shot.
neodvd4.jpg

I used to have some really good pictures of the boots a few years ago, but the hard drive they were on died before I could back them up. :(

Back when I was making this costume and the only images I had were screenshots, I bought these boots. They were the closest I could find. I still don't know what the originals were.
418TM1WXJ8L._SY395_.jpg

Essentially, the way the moc-toe goes up into the laces is just like this... only taller.
shoes_iaec1180651.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh yes, there are laces. :)

I wish someone on here had wardrobe contacts for the film like in the Dexter thread.

What is that one that you posted?

Sweet! Will definitely check them out.

Hope more people would post here and share their thoughts. I would looooove to have this whole outfit one day. Abbyshot discontinued their coats, and I emailed them asking if they still accept orders and they said they don't :(

There may be a much closer model available now, but I haven't looked in years. I bought the Big Moneys back in like 2004, so they may be super hard to find now.

I'm bumping this thread because I really wanna see if anyone can find the shoes or something that looks just like it.

I'm thinking of dressing up as Neo this year for Halloween, but if I can't get the right stuff I'm gonna be Anakin Skywalker (post-Sith.)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back