My Captain America´s shiel from a setillite dish.

Mordor Brass

Hi alls.
I´m from Spain (sorry my english) and this is my first post :confused. Is a little personal proyect. I started with a satellite dish base form. I did the cut in the size that he needed. After sanding, bonding, sanding......etc and priming. I did a silicone mould with polyster/fiberglass jacket. The cast was in polyster resin and fiberglass. Late, more sanding, bonding....... For the final paint i masked differts zones and i used a spraygun. The last step is a laquer coat.
I hope that enjoy us.
Thanks.

Hey there! Looking good! I'm over in Florida, and it's funny, when I started to think about how to do my capt shield, I looked up at an old satellite dish outside my house and was thinking about using it, lol. It's cool to see someone actually doing it. I ended up going another route, but congrats, this looked like a fun project and she came out looking superb! :)

Hi guys. Thaks for your comments. It has a slightly pronounced curve. I´ll upload a new image of the lateral sight.
I see Indy Mogul but I have not seen in the lasts episodes how to make this shiled.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back