ESB AT-ST (in depth)

Excellent work, and excellent write-up about it, Jason! Enjoyed that very much.

BTW, I remember my reaction when I bought my first 8-Rads and Morser Karl kits!

Thanks!
Much nerd-love back at ya, Mr. Star Destroyer.

Yeah, me too. Popping open that Karl kit - "OHMYGOD IT'S ALL HERE ON ONE SPRUE!!!"

Dammit Jason. First you tempted me, to trying to tackle one of these, when I saw the kitstash pic from WF, and now this. You evil, evil man :)

But thanks mate. Awesome article. Very inspirational. I love to see, hear and read about others peoples workmethods and techniques

Thanks for that, Jason! Very inspiring to keep trucking with mine. Also thanks to Q and Allen for all their help! All I need now are the B-29, an armature, and a 935 RSR.

The B-29, no big deal.....the armature, I just have to visit my local machinist....the Porsche, well that's the kicker.

Again, Jason, awesome coverage of your build so far!

Joe

Jason, great to see you finally building your own baby, wonderful build thread.
Have to agree, it really is a slinky looker of a prop! Still love to look at mine, a build i actually finished lol.

lee

Wow. Thanks for 'baring all,' Jason. This AT-ST is so sleek compared to its ROTJ counterpart and I've always loved it. Very informative - your build is great and I can't wait to read more!

The original vac head piece was crafted by Allan Hansen, this is used on all ATST's in the group apart from mine, i went my own way with the profile.

Quincy Cutshaw then used the same pattern i believe and possibly modified it, it was a while ago we did this project so im a tad hazy, dont recall them being offered in the end though, Quincy may tell you more.

Its a donor hungry beast though, think we maybe got to over 40 kits, some blooming rare and spendy too, the C600 Delivery truck being one, prices on them werent appealing to begin with, once it was found as an ATST donor, they soared big time.

It is one hell of a sexy prop though, lots of fun to build, and a joy to look at completed, the ROTJ never really got me hooked, the ESB, well, its got that cult short screen time status for me.

Be nice to see an update Jason, the one you built for Mike was lovely.

lee

I didnt used a vacformed head either on mine, but I would have loved to get one of these ! It was tough to get all those slight curves looking !

Yeah more pics J !

is or was there someone selling the vacuumed head pieces ?

-james

james,
i did have about 3 or 4 sets of vac heads, but they have all been given away (to others who also had gotten an armature).

if i can do it, you can -- check out the the old/original thread. make your drawing from what was presented, make a buck, then vac-form it. if you can't vac, then use your phone skills to find a shop who can help you out.

drop me a pm if you have specific questions.

i would also say MORE POSTS JASON!!, but that would be pretty hypocritical on my behalf (still doesn't mean i don't want it, lol).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back