2001/2010 (space odyssey) flight suit help

Hi,
I made mine from a Space Camp suit :
2OO1: exhibit.org - Exhibitions
It is close enough to make illusion, while the color is more "blue", the zipper not dark, and the neck collar a little different ! But it would be easy to cut it as what we can see in the movie.

That looks like a standard CWU-27/P flight suit, although I've never seen one in that color. The real thing only comes in a handful of colors and is made from flame-resistant Nomex, but several vendors sell variations of this suit in various colors and fabrics -- just make sure the zipper and pocket arrangements are the same, as these can vary a bit, too. Perhaps you could find a used navy or royal blue flight suit and bleach it down? I don't know much about how these suits respond to bleaching.

If money is no object, try Gibson and Barnes. They offer a "Sentinel" uniform in a variety of colors made of a cotton/poly blend (more comfortable than Nomex), and can even make custom uniforms in any fabric you like.

I think I'm gonna try and make one. The one in the picture above seems to be powder-blue, but in these shots of Floyd, Chandra, and Curnow the suits seem either Royal or Navy. Perhaps the producers made several different ones for the movie? I dunno. 2010_00312889_1512x1008_012020091757.jpg

TheBryanScout, Please post you progress. I have wanted to have a go at one of these myself. Also thought about the Russian flightsuit. Have had the patches for years.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back