lf ideas for a table for my home theatre

EyeofSauron

Master Member
So, I moved to a new flat and have an extra room and plan or actually started my home theater. So I plan on some busts, my war machine on a dummy, and some movie posters and stuff. But I'm not doing a standard theater with seats, more like a living room kind of stuff. So I have a small couch, some extra comfortable chairs. And I want to make a special kind of table, some kind of movie prop. Now I thought about a Jan in carbonite, but full scale is too big for The room. maybe in 1:2 scale. So far that's my only idea, and I would like to have some options.
So tell me what you think would make a great (small) table

Cheers
EoS

I'm overall a big movie fan, if I had to specify on something, hero movies over all (batman etc) and sci-fi overall (star wars etc) but definitely limited to that. Baeicly if you have an idea for some nearly flat prop with 1x1.5 m roughly I'm all ears :)

That's what I was thinking.

Could do a scaled Jabbas platform thing he sits on.

Scaled Arc of Covenant with glass top

Giant Grail Diary presented like a large open book

Or, scaled up Mouse-bot from the death star...

Just off the cuff, I'll think about it

Holographic chess table from the Millennium Falcon. Just shorter.

There are a few items on this link, but perhaps they won't go with your room decor.
Pimp Out Your Playstation 3 Pad with a Slave 1 Sofa and Other Star Wars Furniture - Techland - TIME.com

TazMan2000

Thx for the ideas so far :) the one with the guns is not really my taste, also it seems not too stable with just 4 legs and a glass top. Also not a prop :) holographic chess table seems nice :) but maybe it will be too small, have to think about it.
The arc of covenant seems too high with the statues on top , because its a couch gable. Otherwise I love the idea, to bad its really high :( mousebot is also nice, ill consider that.
Grail diary would bee scaled too big I think, it wouldn't look to good I think. Jabbas platform is not totally my taste :) keep the ideas coming :)

Last edited:
Instead of a specific prop, how about a themed coffee table/display case. You could build something that looks like a piece of equipment from the Death Star, but with a glass top so you could display hand props inside it. You could also build in some drawers for all those pesky remotes!

Okay, here's a strange thought... Since it needs to be coffee table height, that makes it a bit difficult, but...

Take the 12" Star Wars figures, and build a glass/acrylic walled/top diorama of the trash compactor scene from the death star? It's not really the prop as the table itself solution you were looking for, but I think it could be really neat!

Does the table have to be a prop itself? You could so a standard glass top table with a rececessed space under the glass and simply put props in it - normal table, but it displays props kinda like a shadow box or museum display kind of thing.

Yeah, a Han in carbonite scaled down as a low coffee table, use a single rectangular 'leg' in the centre with a base foot that covers about 50% of the table top to give it stability and that hovering effect.

SAS

Why not a very simple solution.

A table in the shape of the captain america shield or a giant Batman Logo.

Should be easy to make and with a good paint job it will be a nice eyecatcher. nOr you can even print the batman or Captain america shield and put it under glass

2560732750084231645spoqLA_ph.jpg

custom-batman-table-2.jpg

289-batman-conference-table-duco.jpg

Wow The First batman Table looks awesome :) I also like the waste disposal idea from star wars, although its probably hard to get the toys here in Austria :( also the cap shield is a nice idea, but only under glass because its not flat :) the yellow bat symbol is to bright for my taste, especially for a theater room :) I don't really like the wood one, dk why
also I don't really fancy small props put together just for display i need either 1 big prop or more small ones that fit together and tell a story (like gthe garbage crushed idea :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back