As promised, some pics.

_DSC1947_resize.jpg
_DSC1949_resize.jpg

_DSC1950_resize.jpg

_DSC1951_resize.jpg

_DSC1954_resize.jpg

_DSC1953_resize.jpg

_DSC1955_resize.jpg

I don't think it's ugly at all, I actually like the design more than most SW ships. It's very cool, and you did an excellent job!!!

lookin' slick Almar,
I gotta say that I think yours came out nicer than mine. Great job on the ID's on this ship. (y)cool

Finally had some time for little paintjob. It's not screen accurate, but I like it. Maybe I overdid it a little, but then again, it fought in one of the heaviest space battles and survived.

_DSC2032_resize.jpg

_DSC2033_resize.jpg

_DSC2034_resize.jpg

_DSC2035_resize.jpg

_DSC2036_resize.jpg

_DSC2037_resize.jpg

_DSC2038_resize.jpg

Hmm....the pics aren't that good. Too much grain. I'll take some more when the light is better.

Still need to fix the base. I was thinking a Death Star surface or something.

As far as the reference pics go it looks great! Good shade. Just dark enough. What's the base color? Anything commercially available? Looks like some washes and dry brushing on it...right?

I first used Tamiya chrome silver X-11. Then brushed on some latex rubber here and there. Once dry I spray painted the entire ship matt black (XF-1). I then used Tamiya sky grey (XF-19) for the main color. After that I washed the entire ship and used some fine steel wool to remove some of the wash (and latex rubber) and exposing the chrome silver layer. But it's hard to see in these pics because I used the wrong ISO settings on my camera, too much grain now :wacko.

I agree, a little bit of color could make this thing pop! Even a weathered red panel or two if you don't mind straying from screen accuracy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back