Quick question regarding EL tape

Bob Wobbaz

Hi, I'm making a costume that includes the use of EL tape. I've been looking around for micro inverters to power the tape but the majority of what I've found are for EL wire. I know both the wire and tape both work on the same principle but does anyone know if the EL wire inverters are compatible with EL tape? Any help would be great :)

It is my understanding that inverters are compatible for both wire and tape. What matters is matching the specific inverter to the length of the wire or tape. Tape will probably draw more current so battery life will be shorter.

Hey thanks a lot, I had a feeling they were compatible but just wanted to check before I ordered some. I'm only powering about 3-4 inches at most, I'm using EL tape for some back to the future trainers, I'd imagine whichever inverter I get, they'd be able to power such as small area no problem

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back