Official Show off your model collection thread!

This time last year I was undergoing radiation for lymphoma....this after surgery and chemo. I had some free time and it was near Halloween and I bought the Bates model. I also had some stashed b/c we all say "Someday." Someday came and I got to work....first time since prob 1991 to touch a model. Over the yrs I became more of a perfectionist....so I wanted these to be good...at least good for my skills.

These are the results:

The Bates House in B&W like the movie and in color
bhd_zpscb773f7c.jpg

bateslight1_zps195a21f0.jpg

Phantom
phan2BW_zps1b49969a.jpg

phan1_zps2b775041.jpg

Kiayodo vinyl 3PO with some silver ....and black spots....I like the look
kc3po1_zpsa6b97043.jpg

Victim of Crumb
crumb3po_zps0eb2a55e.jpg

Prisoner - I didn't like the cheesy rats and snakes so changed it
fpdt_zps4740628d.jpg

Vintage MPC kit is crap.... did it my way
vtfr_zps7cde2e89.jpg

vtrr_zps51eb9a7b.jpg

Mobius - the original head is terrible....really sucks.....so I bought a scultped head online
fpostbw_zpseb3cfc51.jpg

fpost_zps1f532510.jpg

Now working on a TOS Enerprise....atm kit
Have waiting.....Polar 1701-A, Bride of Frankenstein, Kaiyodo Vader, crappy MPC Xwing, R2and Star Destroyer, Mobius Invisible Man and Mummy, Area 51 saucer, Revell pirate ship, Luke and Yoda on Degoba and TOS bridge -- be yrs before done LOL

Last edited:
I have a few models starting from over 35 years ago until recent in several categories. Hope you like 'em

The TOS Viper crashed in the snow is a great photo!!!!!:D

The Titanic is amazingly detailed; is it RC?:thumbsup

I have many different modeling interests from SyFy to WWII planes, tanks and ship models and everything in between. I'm a member of Warship Models Underway. Most of the guys there are building various RC warship's in 1/96 scale. It's a great hobbie and it can cost thousands of dollars for one ship.

Reamer:)

Thank you both gentlemen, Simon and Glyn for your kind words, I am glad that you liked them I just have to build stuff. Here are a few more images, Simon if you would like to see lots more of the build up of the haltrack send me your e mail address and I will send you a bunch of pics.
It took the best part of a year to complete and being such a large scale I had to do my own drawings for the chassis as there was very little info untill I got some great help from friends on the web. She is over two feet long and ten inches or so high and is quite heavy due to vast amount of plastic which went into her construction.

regards barrie.

Your interests vary as much as mine do. Check out the Fletcher Class Destroyer I'm building. http://www.wmunderway.8m.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1337523270/0#0

The half track is a beauty Barrie. It would be great if it could be converted to RC. What an amazing sight that would be!!!!!!!

The TOS Viper crashed in the snow is a great photo!!!!!:D

The Titanic is amazingly detailed; is it RC?:thumbsup

Yeh back when those models (VIPERS) where around $5 it didn't hurt to put something like that in real snow. I took that pic with one of those 110 pocket cameras in a snow drift in my back yard. Many many years ago.

The Titanic is not radio controlled, it is a special edition model kit that came with photo etched railings. Although I don't have a picture posted of it, it is a fully lit model.

Yesterday I took the first step in a project I have been considering.

I bought a 1:48 Japanese kit of the Voyager probe.

I want to build my own V'Ger scene.......with lights.

I've been thinking on how to accomplish it and how difficult it could be to get it to turn out well.

I only post this so that I will feel guilty if I don't work on it :lol

Hi everyone,
its been a little while since I posted any thing but here goes I hope you like my latest scratchbuilt effort

regards Barrie.

Attachments

• DSCF0227.jpg
    DSCF0227.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0230.jpg
    DSCF0230.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCF0250.jpg
    DSCF0250.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 455
  • DSCF0333.jpg
    DSCF0333.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 689
  • DSCF0307.jpg
    DSCF0307.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 434

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back