Defined Green Lantern Comic Rings

What size

Sorry Megatron, got busy with work and neglected to check. I have an 8.5 ring size. Unfortunately, A little on the smaller sizer. If your making any or know where I can get one, please let me know.

I've looked everywhere for an all green Green Lantern ring like the animated series or comics. Damn impossible.

last of the last
GLside.png
the yoda or hulk green anodized aluminum
I should send one to Deadpool hehe

Y'know, I've been perusing all of the ring designs on Shapeways, and it sort of amazes me that none of them really capture the look of the classic comic rings, as seen in this thread. There are lot of cool variants and design flourishes, but none seem to get them quite comic-accurate. If 3-D modeling was in my wheelhouse, I'd do it myself, because I think a green nylon plastic, comic-style ring (be it V1, V2, or V3) would be pretty awesome. The search continues!

Hey Guys,

If you haven't seen this already. I bought this GL ring from Etsy from this Seller TheRingFoundry. I've had it for about a few weeks and it's absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this if your a green lantern fan. The best part about this ring is the maker used glow rocks. So the ring actually glows. It even glows when you charge it against light. You have to pay a little extra for the glow ring, but its worth it. I've worn the ring for weeks and it holds up really well. since its made of aluminum. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/501000...VhyLSaU8ATQyvOY7LCtaMjPXWCjSUQhkBgaAu0x8P8HAQ

Check it out and let me know what you think. Seller is a really good guy and is accommodating. My ring size was on the smaller side and he was able to make it work.

hey everyone...
is there anyone that can custom make a Jessica Cruz, Star Sapphire, and Sinestro light up power rings?
Unfortunately batjeepster dont make any of em anymore, i just messaged him...
If anybody knows someone that could make em and light em up really good, can u please forward their details to my cosplay page www.facebook.com/SuperShowgirlCosplay
I will appreciate this very much...
Its just soooo hard to find really good light-up bright power rings...

Thanks so much, guys...
cheers,
Darlene

(blows off dust)

After more years of searching, the unicorn comes closer to being found, thanks to the advent of 3-D printing. After searching through many, many models online, I found one which was a good match for a proper, Silver Age-style Hal Jordan ring, and had it printed in aluminum by Shapeways. Still polishing it, but it’s great. Anodizing is a bit outside my skillset, so I’m planning on painting it with a transparent green paint made for metals, then giving it a clearcoat of epoxy resin for durability.

7A44FDED-9EC6-478B-8DB7-31CDA9C9AA78.jpeg

I couldn’t find a proper Version 2 model, so I took the step of playing around with 3-D modeling for the very first time. After a few hours, I came up with this:

497A567D-6B54-4261-AD53-B45237106DE4.jpeg

I’m having it printed in cheap plastic as a test run, and will then step up to aluminum if it works out. After that, I might pick up a green cabochon for the center gem, although I also like the look without a gem. Artist interpretations of the design vary, so there’s a lot of leeway.

As for the “chunk” ring, that’s a more complex shape, and will take some work, unless someone can point me to an existing model. There’s a commonly-found one out there, but it already has a faux-gem in the center, and a bunch of inaccurate divots running along the center band.

Green Lantern Ring - STLFinder

...yeah, the “chunk” design is giving me all sorts of problems. Very tricky. The design I linked to is close, but the symbol proportions are a bit off, and, as noted, it has the faux gem and those ugly notches in the center band, and I can’t figure out how to get rid of ‘em. Also, the two outer bands are angled in a bit severely. Some artistic interpretations of the design have the outer bands running parallel to the center band, rather than being toed-in.

Ordered one of those licensed GL “chunk” rings and also ordered a plastic-printed version of the “chunk”-style 3D model, so as to compare them and see which is a better choice to work with.

This is fun! Been studying some Tinkercad tutorials in order to refine the design of the V2, and am also working on the chunk.

I now have a three-part design for the V2. The base ring (which now has more thickness and a flat top for the symbol to sit upon), a disc atop the ring (which will provide a flat space at the center of the symbol’s hole), and the GL symbol itself.

C63C3920-D91F-4DAA-999E-D439AE4D3978.jpeg

7F729271-8248-4BCA-817B-05B3611933A5.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back