1/12 Apollo 11

Damocles

My current and most likely last customer build for awhile, I just don't have the free time and I want to finish my own projects. I did the artwork for the decals and Jim from JBOT printed them for me.

the whole photo diary is here:
Apollo CSM pictures by Sava_Fett - Photobucket

ApolloCSM6_25_11002.jpg

ApolloCSM6_25_11005.jpg

ApolloCSM6_25_11001.jpg

Decals02.jpg

ApolloCSM4_30_11003.jpg

ApolloCSM4_10_11005.jpg

ApolloCSM2_12_11006.jpg

Nice! Not enough real space being done. I like the tape strips on the CM, I don't think I've seen it done that way. Just like on the real thing.

Thanks! It's bigger than a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket LOL. Doing the kapton tape is a supreme exercise in patience.

Don, was that one of the items Lorne was working on? He was talking about the project at dinner, one of the nights we basked in the glow of model greatness at Wonderfest. :cool

Lorne made the docking probe, latch and tunnel seen at the very tip.

--Don

Don, was that one of the items Lorne was working on? He was talking about the project at dinner, one of the nights we basked in the glow of model greatness at Wonderfest. :cool

I will never forget one thing that impresses me the most about the Apollos.

Every time I go to London, I spend at least half an hour looking at one of these capsules / pods in the Science Museum.

Awe, admiration and incredulity is what I feel, knowing people actually went into space / the moon and back in these things. My car probably has more sophisticated mechanics and electronics than them.

Amazing history of determination and courage.

I will never forget one thing that impresses me the most about the Apollos.

Every time I go to London, I spend at least half an hour looking at one of these capsules / pods in the Science Museum.

Awe, admiration and incredulity is what I feel, knowing people actually went into space / the moon and back in these things. My car probably has more sophisticated mechanics and electronics than them.

Amazing history of determination and courage.

i agree, and to think just how thin those walls were to keep you from absolute death in a few seconds. how amazing nasa.

congrats on both those models. amazing details and the SIZE! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back