Captain America Movie Shield Details?

propsculptor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I originally posted this question in another thread... but I think it's better to discuss separately in it's own thread...

Anyone know what is at the ends of the center Star on the Shield?

At first I thought it was recessed circles but now I'm thinking they are Pins or bolts to mount the Arm straps on the underside, what do you RPFer's think?

CapAmericaMovieShield-01.jpg

In this Photo you can see one of the "Bolts or rivets" shining at an angle:
2nbdmc6.jpg

Here's another Photo showing the Star at an angle...

DSC04124.jpg

Even on the Toys and Plastic Shields they are raised.

I honestly think they're recessed holes, as you initially thought. The arm straps attach in a totally different part of the shield, further away from the star, so couldn't be pinned through the front. I think the hinge used to attach em is actually part of the way the shield is formed. In short, the attachment method for the arm straps is PART of the shield, not something attached later.

I think they're just polished aluminum circles used to give the illusion of depth. Not too dissimilar from the Iron man mk 2 suit. They didn't use rivets or bolts, they used a drill and polishing bit to buff the crap out of the surface

I think they're just polished aluminum circles used to give the illusion of depth. Not too dissimilar from the Iron man mk 2 suit. They didn't use rivets or bolts, they used a drill and polishing bit to buff the crap out of the surface

Exactly. It's a polished highlight added for detail. It appears completely non-structural.

Yep, they are just polished circles. Diameter appears to be 25 - 26" from my measurements, and dish is about 3" deep. However, please note that they stated they used different size shields in the movie depending on the shots... so the tolerance in diameter is probably larger than that.

I agree with Chris. According to the measurements I got after using the wooden crate that the shield was shipped in to comic-con, I got the shield at 25.5"

I also attached a great image I found of the shield.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back