Here is the best website to get your License Plate replicas

Howdy all,

Here's a little update on the RPF Plate vote, the Jurassic Park Jeep plate #12 is in production. The plate should be finished by the end of the month. We produced this plate exactly as the forum suggested, colors, #12, etc.

Also, we are looking into the Jaws plate (we love odd stuff). This plate shows up in three shark movies! We may produce Bumblebee's tag by the end of the year. As always we'd love any suggestions for future plates to produce.

Thanks,

Travis

Man - I'd love to get one of these:

bbad-lwyrup.png

The Pixar plate is a great idea, I would be in for a replica if they were made being a huge Pixar fan.

Also got the BTTF plate. Really nice. I'll sure be ordering a JP plate too once they're available...

Damn, wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

I own one of the original screen-used JP licence plates.

I've been bugging Travis for years to get some blanks off him so I could make some replica plates. I just wanted blank ones in the right shape, painted white so I could add everything myself. But properly printed ones would be great.

JimShrine: I'll PM you about these. It would be awesome if you guys could just make them without any number on them. I need 06 for my Explorer Replica. I know Charles Kline on here would love 05. And another guy needs 04 for his. The Jeep guys need 10 and 12.

I can get you any measurements etc that you need. I have scans of my plate.

Here's my screen-used plate on my work-in-progress Explorer:
298164_10150762763830702_665830701_20470676_5531123_n.jpg

Hey guys. Sorry been out of touch. Been having a lot of things going on at CM HQ.

The plate is tooled and looking at these new pics, I am more confident in the design we made from the existing real images.

The first batch of plates should be ready in the next couple weeks. (edit- There has been a delay due to high demand of certain current styles depleting the materials. We are just getting caught up and inventory back to where it has to be for the existing lineup).

As far as one off plates go, no can do. Quite a bit goes into tooling. We could possibly do a "limited run" of a plate. But the fact is, the lower the quantity, the higher the plate price as we offset the tooling costs into the price of each plate.

Plate blanks: The plates are cut in the initial stamp. The metal comes in a large roll and the die comes down and cuts the metal and stamps the plate in one stroke.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't after a one-off. I wanted a stack of blanks to make my own.

Anyway - I'm guessing you went ahead with the #12 plate? Is the 12 just printed on? Do you think it could be removed with acetone? If so, I'd be willing to buy some.

PS- for you guys looking to make your own prop plates, a good source for non-slotted blanks is these used flat plates most states are changing too. They are the right dimensions and have round holes. You can either go over the reflective vinyl face, or strip it off.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back