Here is the best website to get your License Plate replicas

Just wanted to show the plates I got in the other day. I put a couple of props with them for picture purpose. I will redo how they are displayed with more props.
IMG_20110806_221935.jpg

IMG_20110806_221813.jpg

Paypal waiting to send money for the JP plate. Please make sure it is incr not jpcr!

And of course I get a free plate... ;)

It is INCR. Just looking at the various different designs to get a grip on what is going on we noticed the difference. We ended up building this one from the ground up as it was actually easier to start over than correct the issues we saw.

This should be ready and submitted for tooling by weeks end.

travis%20making%20plate2.jpg

Here is a question for you guys. The Orangeish/Red color. Each picture looks different. Typically the Hollywood sign guys would use a standard pallet of colors. I can't seem to figure out what is going on here. In some shots it looks bright orange, in others it looks (number 3) it looks like the standard shade of red used on most prop plates. In these pictures, which do you feel best represents the actual color? This is important as it will determine the final color.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

When I was making mine I went with red. The reason being is the logo on the left has the red ring around it and I think the line down the middle and the inCR are painted to match. I was having an issue deciding red or orange as well. Ultimately the logo name is how I decided. The logo used on the left was named jp_logo_black_yellow_red.png. Though I could be wrong and it really could be orange. I've never seen a screen used plate in person.

-Dv

You know with that Christine plate, you almost have the Milner plate from American Graffiti.

Just change the letters to THX 138 and add a 1962 sticker.

Also a Blue Calfornia plate 2BDR529 Is Joe Friday's (Dan Aykroyd) car from Dragnet.

You know with that Christine plate, you almost have the Milner plate from American Graffiti.

Just change the letters to THX 138 and add a 1962 sticker.

The THX plate is being tooled. The background work was done on Christine, yes, but that wasn't the hard part. As with all prop plates they are handmade and the makers intentionally make them slightly "off" from "real". Particularly with California plates as they are in California where old plates stay in use. We have to replicate the style of the prop plate, which can mean they did not use the period correct, state correct or even a conventional font. Whatever they had to do to make the plate obviously not real at a glance.

That is why our plates stand out, we replicate the style of the prop plates versus the usual approach of using real plate fonts and such that are very different from the ones used by the prop makers. We do clean stuff up. Clean up proportions and bad cuts. Whenever possible we base the design off multiple originals to make a master design that represents what they intended the design to be, but the hand made elements created the slight variations.

Back to the JP plates. I like the idea of red.

Last edited:
Was the "1-Elvis" license plate that was seen in the Georgia Satellites video for "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" ever a REAL plate that was used on one of Elvis's cars? If so-- I'd love to have one of those.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back