Here is the best website to get your License Plate replicas

Supernatural, not sure on that one. In a couple months maybe?

THX is being tooled as well as 2 others. They will be in stock in August.

We are doing Jurassic Park! So any help on which is preferred and good pics would help! Also, what to emboss and what not to?

We are doing Jurassic Park! So any help on which is preferred and good pics would help! Also, what to emboss and what not to?

AWESOME!!! I'll be buying one for sure!

As for the embossing, I don't think anything other than the outer rim thing is embossed/stamped:

park_plate_12_2.jpg

Here is a decent replica that has the correct letters on it (not sure who made it)

04_plate.JPG

Screen used plates are rarely ever truly embossed. Only when they are plastic vacuum molded, and those are least often used. It is a bit of a liberty you take when you make a "real" version. The BTTF bar code plate is flat because it obviously was supposed to be. But the Robocop bar code plate has some embossing because they tried to make it look like it was.

We can make it with just the edge beveled. It seems kind of cheesy, but would be doable.

This one looks like the number is slightly raised. The same material they use to make a plate appear embossed.

plate5.png

Last edited:
With that particular distressed image, it looks like both the number and the logo are slightly embossed. Probably used the same technique. It also looks like the dirt is collected in the upper left corner of the logo? Further evidence that there's some sort of embossing there?

Look at the number 0. If it were a clock, the flash reflection off the area that would be in the area between the 11 and 12 o'clock positions. The material is fairly thick, like 2 business cards stacked on top of each other, cut, applied, then cleared over. I have several made with that material. The "OUTATIME" and Starsky plates are well known examples made with this material.

The logo area appears to be a clear vinyl sticker where the edge has dirtied. They used lots of clear vinyl over the years.

Okay, last call, any preference at all on the number? I can only assure that one version of the plate will be made, so I would like to make it count.

Okay, last call, any preference at all on the number? I can only assure that one version of the plate will be made, so I would like to make it count.

I am going to say #12. At least that is the one that Nedry drove and we all have the Cryocan to go with it! :thumbsup

I always wondered where people got their plates for their ECTO-1s and such cars. great site! Will get a THX plate when available

Last edited:
What about a Jaws/Deep Blue Sea plate? I've seen some online, and I've definitely thought about getting one. Be a nice addition.

Howdy all,
First off, thanks for the kind words about our products! As you can tell, this all started as a hobby and has now spiraled out of control. . . Secondly, the THX plate is on the way along with a couple other new designs. As you can tell, these are not cheap to produce so Jim and I appreciate your input on the Jurassic Plate. We've got about one more day until we finalize the artwork so vote for your favorite number. 12 - 4 - 5 whatever? Jim and I will produce the plate that the group wants.

Jaws1-600x600.jpg

I love the Jaws plate idea - as you can see from the vid-cap, it's a poorly made prop plate.
Does anyone else have any other plate ideas? Anything you'd like us to do? We are kicking around the Supernatural Impala plates currently.
Thanks again for all of your help, LAST CALL on the number associated with the Jurassic Plate.

Travis

Please please please do the Supernatural plates soon!! :lol Pretty please?

Oh and I'd say go with number 12 for the JP plate, there are ALOT of people with Cryo cans who'd love to have it as a display mate..

Howdy all,
First off, thanks for the kind words about our products! As you can tell, this all started as a hobby and has now spiraled out of control. . . Secondly, the THX plate is on the way along with a couple other new designs. As you can tell, these are not cheap to produce so Jim and I appreciate your input on the Jurassic Plate.

Travis

No, thank you Travis for making VERY high quality prop plates. We appreciate your attention to detail on every plate you make! :thumbsup

As for the JP plate...12 it is.

I second Jedifyfe. Thanks for undertaking this request so quickly and with such attention to detail! I'm very anxiously awaiting the day I can submit my order. :)

And it sounds like 12 is the consensus.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back