Tucker & Dale VS Evil

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just saw this last night and it was friggin awesome!

So well done, funny as hell too.

Not going to spoil it, but its well worth the time

I've been wanting to see this for something like nearly a year now... I was wondering if anybody would ever distribute it. I've never been able to catch any of the movie festival showings.

I read that it's supposed to hit the "on demand" market at the end of this month. I'm hoping I can watch it via iTunes or DirecTV's pay-per-view then... I feel like it's been forever since I first saw the early cut of the teaser trailer when the filmmakers were trying to get a distributor to pick it up. Heck, I'll buy a digital copy site-unseen if it comes to it. Kinda frustrating when a movie is out there and nobody will distribute it. At least it's finally getting released.

It's on pre-order in iTunes and should be available on most of the major platforms in a few months or as you mentioned in a few weeks on some of the on demand channels.

The film is also opening in limited release on September 30th for those able to make it to one of the screenings.

Magnolia On Demand
Magnolia Pictures

Supposedly this is hitting theaters for a limited run this weekend. I don't think anyone near me is getting it though. :cry

You can watch it pre-release via Amazon.com if you're interested. It's been available for a couple of weeks that way actually. All you need is an internet capable device - I used my Sony Blu-Ray player to watch it via Amazon's video on demand service.

wait, wasnt that movie released a year ago here in europe? im sure i watched it about a year ago

its the movie with those college kids that go on vacation at a lake, and they think tucker and dale are supposedly psycho killers and stuff? but they just save the one girl from drowning, and the other kids all die because they are stupid?

wait, wasnt that movie released a year ago here in europe? im sure i watched it about a year ago

its the movie with those college kids that go on vacation at a lake, and they think tucker and dale are supposedly psycho killers and stuff? but they just save the one girl from drowning, and the other kids all die because they are stupid?

Yeah, the movie has been in the can for probably more than a year. I think I remember reading something about an 'international' release a long while back - it could have been a year ago - but I never kept track of it since it didn't affect me.

In the states it's mostly just been shown at festivals until a couple of months ago when they got the domestic distribution deal worked out. Then they put it up as a pre-release pay-per-view type of thing a month or so ago. I think it gets a limited U.S. release in November if I remember right.

They had a hard time with distribution on this though I don't understand why - it's a great movie.

For me, I think the trailer spoiled some of the best moments (and it didn't help that I watched the trailer a dozen times over the year it took for the movie to be released. It's still a great movie...

I'd just recommend folks that think they might be interested, just skip the trailer if you can avoid it and go into it blind if you can...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back