inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone?

pr3dato8

Is anyone planning or already has made a replica of the outfit of Cole McGrath from inFAMOUS 2?

I am specifically talking about his jeans, yellow/black t-shirt and his Amp (melee weapon).

I already have the sling bag but I was looking around if anyone made those or knows where maybe I could buy those :)

Here are a few reference pics:

Cosplay.com - Cole MacGrath - Grey Prophet

^ Thats actually exactly the kind of Jeans and T-shirt I am looking for. His bag replica is not accurate and I have better and I dont exactly like his Amp

Here is a more accurate picture of the Amp:

NewPicture-1.jpg

^ yeah i got that :) And I am sure I can find some sort of replacement for the AMP if no alternative arises but I really need to find those jeans and t-shirt

anyone? anyone at all? I tried to find the t-shirt...found nothin' Tried making one via online t-shirt design...lets just say that didnt work out too well ;)

and same goes for the jeans :(

and got no hope of finding the amp. i heard IGN is having a competition in USA where you can win a replica amp but I am uk so got no chance at all :(

Don't forget to find some tabi sneakers as well.

true true, altho they are really just flip flops ;) i mean what kind of shoes have a flip flop cut in the middle of the front? ;) u cant even wear socks in those

*10 seconds later*

holly crap! i just looked up "tabi sneakers" and there are actual shoes like that! loool i never knew that :p i always assumed they made up in the game that type of shoes. oh god i want to facepalm my face over and over again ;)

true true, altho they are really just flip flops ;) i mean what kind of shoes have a flip flop cut in the middle of the front? ;) u cant even wear socks in those

*10 seconds later*

holly crap! i just looked up "tabi sneakers" and there are actual shoes like that! loool i never knew that :p i always assumed they made up in the game that type of shoes. oh god i want to facepalm my face over and over again ;)

:lol I know, man. I know.

bump. so anyone actually working themselves on this?

i guess as mentioned above this could be done with ppes and stuff but i m no pro at that stuff so if anyone could analyse the AMP and say out of what kind of bits and bobs its made that would be really cool :D

Ok I have been searching a LONG while to try and find the right pipe fitting parts in order to build the amp but I cant find a crucial part (mostly because I dont know its name or whether it exists at all).

Here is the picture of the Part I am looking for:

123.png

Does anyone have any ideas on what's the name of that sort of fitting/connector?

In the picture I showed which ends of the pipe I definately need to be open, but I am not so sure for the other 3 endings. I guess they can also be open and then I will just find a way to close them :)

SO please if you are any good at this pipe stuff plz post below the name of that sorta fitting/connector or anything very similar :D

Hey all,

I manage the Multimedia and Fabrication Service Groups for Playstation. One of our gigs is to make tradeshow displays and costumes and I'm in the process of making the Cole and Zeke costumes now. My team also made the amp prop that IGN is giving away. Here's a pic:

Ampfinalpic.jpg

The Cosplay costume is cool, but it has some inaccuracies. The shirt has the incorrect pattern in the back and the black part of the collar should be thicker. He should have used bootcut jeans instead of straightleg so that he wouldn't get that taper near the ankle. I can't tell by the pics, but I'm assuming he didn't add the seams and zipper pockets at the calf and thigh. The shoes are completely off.

Using the reference material we received from the game's developer, Sucker Punch, I am having a Hollywood seamstress custom make the shirt. The pants I am using are from Old Navy (I believe they are on closeout). The shoes are Nike Air Rifts. As they don't really sell them in the States anymore, I had to get them from China. My seamstress is having one of her vendors, who do custom shoes for the movies, alter them. They are adding black leather over the top to cover the Nike symbol and the "mary jane"- like holes that they have over the instep. They are also adding the gray leather part with the white "U" stitching and the white rubber around the toe area (like old school Van's). As the sole on the purchased shoe is black, I'll airbrush the gray on the back parts of the soles.

I like the bag that comes with the Hero Edition, but it does have that "mass-produced" look to it. We might make it out of a thin leather, stitch the Sly Cooper symbol in instead of having it as a patch, add some more detailing around the straps, etc.

For Zeke, almost everything is "off the shelf"...black Converse hi-tops, dark green denim shorts, black fingerless gloves, black Elvis glasses, Triple K gunbelt with cartridge loops, rattlesnake buckle that I found online. For the shoulder holster, I bastardized a Galco and added the second double mag pouch (although why he has mag pouches when he carries a revolver I'll never know). I also purchased a Viper blank firing Magnum with 6" barrel. For his shirts, we got the art from the developer, so we're silk-screening the "Lucky Flaming Dice" art onto a light gray Thermal and dyeing the collar black. After looking everywhere for a dark green and beige bowling shirt (lime green, no problem. Olive green, problem), I am having my seamstress make one and we'll add the art to the back, sleeve, and she'll stitch the name "Zeke" above the pocket.

I'll post pics here once I'm done.

Thanks,

G

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back