My Proton Pack Master Case Mould Finished (Pic Heavy)

Quagmire9

Hi Guys,

So after a goodly while, slogging away on my proto BUCK, i have finished my Proton Pack master Case Mould, and have made the first Fiberglass pull / casting. Long long work (my wife now hates me LOL) but i love the outcome. Hope you guys like :D

ProtonPackCOMPLETE001.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE002.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE003.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE004.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE005.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE006.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE007.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE008.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE009.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE010.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE011.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE012.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE013.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE014.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE015.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE016.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE017.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE018.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE019.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE020.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE021.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE022.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE023.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE024.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE025.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE026.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE027.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE028.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE029.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE029.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE030.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE031.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE032.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE033.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE034.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE035.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE036.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE037.jpg

ProtonPackCOMPLETE038.jpg

anyone would think you had done that before lol, that was amazing and really helpfull to people who learning like me, dont suppose you fancy turning it in to a tutorial cos that was awsome and the fact its a proton pack is just brilliant

Awesome work! I remember after making a couple of packs several years ago my wife didn't even want to hear Ghostbusters mentioned. :lol

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys :D

Kid2000 - if you're going to attempt something i would be more than happy to talk you through the stages, and send some pics to you of steps to get there. just PM me sometime :D

That looks like a lot of silicone there, how much did you use, a gallon?

Also what thickness did you need to leave for the silicone to flow?

I really love using silicone moulds for casting and fiberglassing. But the $$ are pretty high for my low volume runs (1 unit so far).

yeah, this silicone with flow regulation and polyester resistancy isn't cheap. i used 22.5Kg on this mould, which was about £300. primarily this mould is to service my needs and a few close friends, but, once i reach a good standing here, if anyone is interested i will do people some pulls if anyone is interested :D it'll help me cover more projects :D

yeah, this silicone with flow regulation and polyester resistancy isn't cheap. i used 22.5Kg on this mould, which was about £300. primarily this mould is to service my needs and a few close friends, but, once i reach a good standing here, if anyone is interested i will do people some pulls if anyone is interested :D it'll help me cover more projects :D

For a similar project (but much smaller scale) Smooth-On recommended that I use their brush on product and then build a support on top. What are your thoughts to that approach?

Would still be a major expense for anything that size of course!

i guess with brush on approach it's about preference, but i always pour. i find it a more controlled, and controlable method, but it does work out costlier unfortunately.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back