Advanced Potions Making

Thank you guys :)

I really love the ecl cover; tutorial and technics are awesome but I have a very very detailed vectorial cover version and I plan to use some techniques I've learned over the years while doing grail diaries.

CharmedOne, I have really bad experiences with free props because ebay and recasting pages; same with pdf files. People who asking for purchase a copy of my work, really knows how many hours it takes to do something like this.

the good news are I am still working :)

5960107307_e89d2f548a_o.jpg

I completely understand... How many pages do you have left to make before the project is complete? :love:eek:thumbsup

I just noticed you also have to add the written notes by Snape :p

Will this be hand written or with a font?

Last edited:
omg :love really demiguel, i seriously ask it, will we be able to have its copy in any ways? bcoz i LOVE it! how talented you are!!! impressive very very impressive

Well with all this work being done, and so quickly, by demiguel.m... who's thread this now apparently is... I think I'll just put mine on hold.

Last edited:
My Word! You have undertaken such a taunting task, trying to replicate the ENTIRE book. You are diligent as well as talented, that is for sure.

Excuse me if this question has been asked already, but are you going to bind these book pages yourself, once the copy has been completed, or are you going to incorporate the pages in a proxy book? (This is what I usually do when I have made book prop replicas). It would cost a small fortune to have these custom bound in limited numbers.

so awesome to see all those pages demiguel.m! If you do decide to get a run printed I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. I'd love to pick one up too

Last edited:
Oooh, I look forward to seeing the final result! :)
So much hard-work on that, I personally wouldn't have that motivation x)

Good luck with your project!

I can't wait till your done and I can order my copy!! I'm of course gonna get the one with Snape's notes. Such great detail! The fact that I know you and your work and how much time you spend at every little detail makes all the difference.

You're talking about me though, right? :lol

Hi,

Okay, I understand your answer!
So if one day you must provide something of paying .... What is your price?

I would like to this :D:D:D:D:D please :D

I completely understand... How many pages do you have left to make before the project is complete? :love:eek:thumbsup

I just noticed you also have to add the written notes by Snape :p

Will this be hand written or with a font?

omg :love really demiguel, i seriously ask it, will we be able to have its copy in any ways? bcoz i LOVE it! how talented you are!!! impressive very very impressive

so awesome to see all those pages demiguel.m! If you do decide to get a run printed I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. I'd love to pick one up too

Oooh, I look forward to seeing the final result! :)
So much hard-work on that, I personally wouldn't have that motivation x)

Good luck with your project!

Thank you all :thumbsup
Well, I know many people are interested, but NO price yet. I can not calculate it until I make a copy for myself. The handwritten texts you see in the pages is not the snape's notes, only details wich I am adding. Snape notes will be handwritten and no computer font of course.

Well with all this work being done, and so quickly, by demiguel.m... who's thread this now apparently is... I think I'll just put mine on hold and get one of his.

Not that I mind the thread was hijacked!
It's awesome work demiguel.m!!! Totally amazing! :cool

I have other fish to fry at the moment anyway.

Please, oh please make at least one more for me!! :cheers

One thing I'd suggest... put the little cauldron behind the page numbers on the bottom of the pages.

Seriously great stuff!

The truth is I did not read very much the thread before posting, sorry :unsure
Months ago I tried to start my own thread about APM book but some moderator moved it to a general HP props, so it was lost and I left the project aside for a while.
I saw this specific thread about the book and I thought it was a good idea to post here my progress; I am really sorry about this situation.
You might want to continue your work on your thread, I have no problem with ask a moderator about to create a new one for me and move all post to it.
(I love the little cauldron too, but Snape's version does not include it.)

Last edited:
while we taking a decision, I post some new pages:

5963422255_d47cf8d155_o.jpg

70 of 250 done. :thumbsup
I hope you like it.
Regards.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am Industrial engineer but also I have studies of graphic design, web design,... ( I am a photographer too :D ) InDesign IS the program for a great project like this, I know it, thanks for your advice. I can't imagine anyone trying to do something like this with MSWord... Thank you very much for your possible help, I'll let you know if I need you for resolve any doubt.

edit: thanks for the link, I am a big fan for the medieval books art. I will not use any information about real medieval page layout since this prop has a very particular style, but maybe for future proyects will be useful.

I had actually meant this for the original thread starter, is this a group project now? Or are you each doing your own?

So I know I'm gonna sound like the greedy idiot, but do you plan to make this into a free paper prop? I would LOVEEEEE to have this maybe as a pdf and be able to show off this AMAZING prop to my friends!!!! thanks so much, ffg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back