Advanced Potions Making

I don't think I will offer it for free as it's going to be a lot of work... but I'm also not going to gouge people for it either. So don't worry. :cool

And yes... I will keep everyone updated!

Right now the pages are even different than I have posted here... better, updated, etc.

I'm pretty excited about it my own self. :D

uhm, I posted this in the "Harry Potter: Hogwarts Textbooks" thread but I am thinking it has more sense to post and continue the actualizations here (There are many many threads about harry potter... :rolleyes)

I have the first work to show!

__
5938359277_1022ec29d0_o.jpg

I am finished my SA cover. I have included a circle with zoom to see the incredible detail. (Those letters are never seen). ADVANCED title is now much more like film version with a beautiful 3D effect, and not like wizardry plain version, and POTION MAKING has the correct shadow. It is totally vectorial so I can put any background and play with funny backs :love I love this leather cover... White titles are for silver Foiling Techniques.

Regards-

Last edited:
@demiguel

your advanced potion making cover looks awesome!!! i really appreciate your work on it. i wonder the final version and inside pages very much. wonderful really! oh and can i ask that will you publish it anyways?

@demiguel

your advanced potion making cover looks awesome!!! i really appreciate your work on it. i wonder the final version and inside pages very much. wonderful really! oh and can i ask that will you publish it anyways?

Thank you Lynx. I will probably make some copies once I finished all process, but dont know yet.

The correct meassures are:

5939370163_9ab7a58fa1_o.jpg

Hi Demiguel,
I LOVE all of the detail your book has. Thank you for letting us know that you will be posting over here. I am very happy to be watching your progress :)

I see that this thread is in "Replica Movie Props" but maybe, some moderator would like to move to "Paper props" sub-forum, since it is about a book replica.

demiguel.m, that cover is rockin' awesome! I'll be in touch when I get closer to finished!

P.S. Nice Grail Diary too... my friend Tye has one of those that I borrowed for 2 months just soaking it all in.

demiguel.m, that cover is rockin' awesome! I'll be in touch when I get closer to finished!

P.S. Nice Grail Diary too... my friend Tye has one of those that I borrowed for 2 months just soaking it all in.

Thanks TK.
"one of those" means one of mine? :rolleyes

jeje, ok :)

Well, I am annoyed... I was sure to print the book on lulu but, looking at meassures, I think it not maches with the proportions of the prop.

6" x 9"
15.24cm x 22.86cm. I think... too big?

jeje, ok :)

Well, I am annoyed... I was sure to print the book on lulu but, looking at meassures, I think it not maches with the proportions of the prop.

6" x 9"
15.24cm x 22.86cm. I think... too big?

I'm thinking that seems in the ball park. From the attached hires picture of the prop book I determined the H to W ratio of the cover was about 1.65 to 1.

Using a height of 9" gives a width of 5.5".

Using a height of 8" gives a width of about 4.85".

Using a height of 8.5" gives a width of about 5.15"

To be 6" wide the height would have to be 9.9" which seems too big.

bfd

I'm thinking that seems in the ball park. From the attached hires picture of the prop book I determined the H to W ratio of the cover was about 1.65 to 1.

Using a height of 9" gives a width of 5.5".

Using a height of 8" gives a width of about 4.85".

Using a height of 8.5" gives a width of about 5.15"

To be 6" wide the height would have to be 9.9" which seems too big.

bfd

yeah, that is what I was doing right now :)
I think the wizardry toy prop has the correct ratio 24..x15.. so, 1,6-1,62 proportion.
So... I have that problem. I need a service similar to lulu to reproduce the book, and it brings to me the maassures to begin to do the interior pages with right dimensions. if I can't do with lulu, I don't know what to do now :p
There is a similar service here in Europe (Spain) called Bubok but his proportions, are 1.4 and more... :(

edit: uhm... I am going to search something like lulu this week, but I know I will probably do with that 6x9 format...

Barney those measurements sound pretty good. 5 in x 8 in is also a popular standard size and proportion in publishing!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back