Art Asylum / Diamond Select TOS Phaser build with metal parts.

I can always change it if its not brite enough but i would like to see the blue beam for this phaser upgrade.

That's what this thread is about, to build a phaser that is custom made to fit each of our own desires. I think blue and red are great colors, but I know green is the most visible of the three laser colors.

Last edited:
In the mean time, I got my DS gray phaser, and it is so sweet! So, yeah, it needs some chrome work & deeper black on phaser 1, but MAN does it look nice!
I'll fill the handle with weighty stuff like I did with my others, but other than a touch of putty on the top forward silver piece and inside the nozzle area & new chrome paint, it's cool.
THIS is my Holy Grail of Trek props! At an affordable price, anyway!:lol

Hi!
First post. I am a looong time reader of the RPF and thought I would add to this thread since I have one of these.
I've started posting more of my misc. Trek projects over at TPZ, and plan on posting more pics and info on this phaser soon.

Your own build is looking great so far and I will continue watching this thread with great interest!!

I commissioned Tony to modify a DST for me a while back with all upgrades except for the blue LED's on the power dial and indicator light on the P1 as it didn't really seem accurate. I am still contemplating on adding a sapphire crown to the P1 though. It does have the built in pager motor (awesome!) and it is switchable between the blue flashing LED or green laser. All sound effects are the same.

I have to say that this was by far the best prop purchase I ever made! I wanted a really nice TOS phaser that had accurate looks and some fun functionality...Tony's phaser fit the bill perfectly! Anyone I show this to...I usually have to take it away as they can't get enough of it haha!

So, I just made a real quick video in my kitchen of the green laser firing. Sorry for poor quality but you really can see the green laser quite brightly in just low light. My video looks much darker than it is in the house, there are actually a few lights on nearby. In the very dark...it looks incredible!

Anyways...here you go, and more to come later on...LINK

Good luck on your builds!!!

Here is the finished custom DST Phaser built by Tony aka Federation Phaser:

phaser1.jpg

phaserhand.jpg

phaseraim.jpg

phasercomm.jpg

...and the blue LED, switchable to green laser with the side turn knob...

bluebeam.jpg

Phaser1close.jpg

Can't wait to see your finished Phasers!

In the mean time, I got my DS gray phaser, and it is so sweet! So, yeah, it needs some chrome work & deeper black on phaser 1, but MAN does it look nice!
I'll fill the handle with weighty stuff like I did with my others, but other than a touch of putty on the top forward silver piece and inside the nozzle area & new chrome paint, it's cool.
THIS is my Holy Grail of Trek props! At an affordable price, anyway!:lol

Chrisisall lets see your Holy Grail. :lol

Hi!
First post. I am a looong time reader of the RPF and thought I would add to this thread since I have one of these.
I've started posting more of my misc. Trek projects over at TPZ, and plan on posting more pics and info on this phaser soon.

Your own build is looking great so far and I will continue watching this thread with great interest!!

I commissioned Tony to modify a DST for me a while back with all upgrades except for the blue LED's on the power dial and indicator light on the P1 as it didn't really seem accurate. I am still contemplating on adding a sapphire crown to the P1 though. It does have the built in pager motor (awesome!) and it is switchable between the blue flashing LED or green laser. All sound effects are the same.

I have to say that this was by far the best prop purchase I ever made! I wanted a really nice TOS phaser that had accurate looks and some fun functionality...Tony's phaser fit the bill perfectly! Anyone I show this to...I usually have to take it away as they can't get enough of it haha!

So, I just made a real quick video in my kitchen of the green laser firing. Sorry for poor quality but you really can see the green laser quite brightly in just low light. My video looks much darker than it is in the house, there are actually a few lights on nearby. In the very dark...it looks incredible!

Anyways...here you go, and more to come later on...LINK

Good luck on your builds!!!

Thanks RedYoda I appreciate your comment! I have purchased some parts from him and very happy with them. :) Thanks for posting your video so we can see how it looks. I hope to build one as good as his with all those features built into it.

Thanks RedYoda I appreciate your comment! I have purchased some parts from him and very happy with them. :) Thanks for posting your video so we can see how it looks. I hope to build one as good as his with all those features built into it.

I posted these to inspire you! Yours is already looking incredible!!!

I had originally intended to build my own as well. In fact I had already ordered all of the metal parts separately...but, I got overwhelmed by the electronics, not my strong suit:$, so I went ahead with having someone with more experience do it.

So, I will by doubly impressed when you guys get these done!

I posted these to inspire you! Yours is already looking incredible!!!

I had originally intended to build my own as well. In fact I had already ordered all of the metal parts separately...but, I got overwhelmed by the electronics, not my strong suit:$, so I went ahead with having someone with more experience do it.

So, I will by doubly impressed when you guys get these done!

We will do our best to impress you! I'm still waiting on some parts to finish up this phaser and then I may attempt a second build with all the inside goodies like yours. you never know when you will need a back up.:lol

p1top.jpg

Spacer, just a thought- is it possible that your phaser will end up looking *better* than the actual hero phaser used on the show?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back