New Vegas NCR Veteran Ranger Build

Looking great so far :) I also am making my own costume right now. I've been following kommissar's thread and yours is a great supplement as well!

Mind if I ask... where did you get your foam from for the armor? There is not a Harbor Freight in my state, and they do not ship it, but Ive seen a few ebay sellers with similar foam, but Im not sure what is a good alternative to teh harbor freight foam.

Also, any details coming on the jacket? I already ordered the same pattern that you are using (I expect I will have to modify it a lot) and I have 5 yards of duck cloth, but I know next to nothing about sewing clothes! I do sew, but I have only ever used fleece and minky and do simple stitching, nothing fancy with denim. I guess I dont understand how people get that finished look on coats, how you attach the collar and rain cape so cleanly and how you make it double layered, or use some sort of stabilizer on the inside? I was hoping maybe you could show more of the process of the jacket or offer some tips, it would be much appreciate :)

Looking great so far :) I also am making my own costume right now. I've been following kommissar's thread and yours is a great supplement as well!

Mind if I ask... where did you get your foam from for the armor? There is not a Harbor Freight in my state, and they do not ship it, but Ive seen a few ebay sellers with similar foam, but Im not sure what is a good alternative to teh harbor freight foam.

Also, any details coming on the jacket? I already ordered the same pattern that you are using (I expect I will have to modify it a lot) and I have 5 yards of duck cloth, but I know next to nothing about sewing clothes! I do sew, but I have only ever used fleece and minky and do simple stitching, nothing fancy with denim. I guess I dont understand how people get that finished look on coats, how you attach the collar and rain cape so cleanly and how you make it double layered, or use some sort of stabilizer on the inside? I was hoping maybe you could show more of the process of the jacket or offer some tips, it would be much appreciate :)
Bought the foam at harbor freight, I'm sure you could get it at Sears auto though.

The jacket is about done, no pictures just yet.

hey gncgamer128, just to help out a little, the anti materiel rifle is an existing gun, it is the pgm HECATE, a french .50bmg sniper rifle. not many people have learned that most of the guns in that game actually exist.

p.s. where did you get your styrene? right now, for my mask, i'm using the direct pepakura file, made of cardstock, resin, and fiberglass, and i really hate sanding,so i'm thinking of scrapping it and making one of styrene.

hey gncgamer128, just to help out a little, the anti materiel rifle is an existing gun, it is the pgm HECATE, a french .50bmg sniper rifle. not many people have learned that most of the guns in that game actually exist.

p.s. where did you get your styrene? right now, for my mask, i'm using the direct pepakura file, made of cardstock, resin, and fiberglass, and i really hate sanding,so i'm thinking of scrapping it and making one of styrene.
We actually talked about the guns earlier in this thread. The Fallout Wiki actually has a page listing all of the real-world guns which were used in the video game.

I bought the styrene at a Hobby Store, you can buy large sheets from a plastic supplier but I didn't feel like having such a large sheet of styrene around my house since this project didn't require much.

As for sanding, if you think that making it out of styrene will eliminate that, you have another thing coming.

Just a teaser pic of the helmet as it is currently at. The weathering is still incomplete, but it will receive some airbrushing tomorrow afternoon.

269417_10150233681696389_617136388_7843567_1085716_n.jpg

I'm in the final stretch! I'm going to do the final painting today, just need to do a few more stencils and I'm basically done with the hard parts. Then I just need to insert the lenses and I'm done with this!

The duster looks great! :)

Im using the same pattern (waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I can start XD). How much modification did you have to do? Ive never sewed clothes before so Im a little nervous about the jacket part. It looks so well made!! How thick is it? Is it lined with anything?

Would you mind sharing some WIP pics and shots of different angles, maybe the inside of the jacket? Anything helps XD

The duster looks great! :)

Im using the same pattern (waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I can start XD). How much modification did you have to do? Ive never sewed clothes before so Im a little nervous about the jacket part. It looks so well made!! How thick is it? Is it lined with anything?

Would you mind sharing some WIP pics and shots of different angles, maybe the inside of the jacket? Anything helps XD
Thanks, but there were no WIP pics. I can take some more pictures for you later though.

I'm Nervous about the duster myself. Got the canvas and an old west pattern duster. I dunno we will see.

Looking good, man. Did you customize the jacket somehow? It's hard to tell from the photos on the package whether you did something to it, or if you're just wearing it open as opposed to closed. I only ask because I want to use the same jacket for a different original costume, but I wasn't impressed with the pictures I saw online (the same from the package).

Are you going to light the eyes?

Word to the wise: If you're planning on wearing this to a summer event/con invest in some long sleeve under armour heat gear. Its so worth it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back