World War Z (Pre-release)

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ooooooh !

(edit - removed dead link)

Anybody heard of this movie-in-the-making ?

(This guy must have loved it here :lol. He was here for Troy too).

Edit - And come to think of it, this is also the 2nd time Malta has doubled for Israel :confused. Spielberg was here for parts of Munich.

Last edited:
Re: World War Z - Brad Pitt

Yeah, the screenplay was written by Joe Straczynski (Babylon 5) based on the book by Max Brooks (Mel's son.) Brooks is also the author of the Zombie Survival Guide.

Well, as long as Max doesn't have a tendency to go on anti-semitic rants when he gets intoxicated like his dad this should get made right quick!

I just hope they have no intention of filming anywhere near my house as Spielberg did !

About Munich, Spielberg was actually 50 meters down the road from where I live, filming in an adjacent street.

I remember getting home from work one day, exhausted, and the buggers had actually shut the only access road to my home, quite a way from where the filming was actually being done.

I had a huge argument with the crew's security to bleeding well let me go HOME :lol, as I wouldn't even be passing through where they were filming. No luck with the 6-foot tall by 3-foot wide guys with radios, black t-shirts & in SUV's.

So I called the Mrs. from my cell phone & told her what was happening. She promptly went onto the balcony & started singing her lungs out that she wanted her husband hoooooooooome :lol

I heard some naughty words from the other street, and I was prompty let through.

I'll never forget that !

errr, that sort of eliminated the possibilty of asking for Spielberg's autograph though :lol

Well, as long as Max doesn't have a tendency to go on anti-semitic rants when he gets intoxicated like his dad this should get made right quick!

I doubt Mel Brooks would get all anti-semitic whilst drunk, Mel Gibson on the other hand....
;)

:confused This Mel Brooks

2e1bw9s.gif

Anti-Semitic? :confused

Although I love Zombies I was not a huge fan of this book. Didn't care much for the writing format and thought the story was slow.
Still there were some cool parts that could make a good movie. Since they have to chop it up to make the film it has some potential.
I'll go see it:thumbsup

I think Straczynski is a great writer, so I'll give this one a shot.
(Thought Changeling and Ninja Assassin were great.)

Hasn't this been in development hell for like 3 years? So they are finally getting their butts in gear...
I was just gonna say that; I think I first heard of Pitt's potential involvement in this project about 2 years ago. I liked the book (& the abridged audio book as well), but I will mirror the sentiment that it was slow-moving. Because the book is an "after the fact" account, it fails to invoke the feeling of dread that I usually get from a good 'walking dead' story.

Having said all that, JMS being in on this, makes it a guaranteed must-see for me. :cool:thumbsup

It all started when Brad Pitt's production company bought the movie rights to the book. Only in the last 7 or 8 months have things really started rolling with Brad Pitt being announced as the lead character and all the new stuff.

I'll see this, but i'm not looking forward to it for the sole reason that it's a PG-13 zombie movie.

Battle of Yonkers, the story of the pilot lady who crashed in the swamp, story of the old japanese guy...as long as those are in it I'm good :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back