ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Scott can you email me at kiehlcharley@gmail.com please!! I have a couple questions about a few of your blasters.

Hi Charley

Since you are requesting informations from Scott, I´d recommend YOU to send HIM an email (just an etiquette issue imho).
Just click his profile > send email :)

Be assured, Scott is THE address for all your blaster needs and questions ;):thumbsup

Happened to be watching an old ITC series blu-ray from the late 1960s - Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - when I came across this.

Don't know if this is important in any way, but thought I'd post it here.

I'm not knowledgeable in any way about the Mauser used in SW but there appears to be a silver/bare metal circle around that first scope support.

Is this known? Or just coincidence?

screenshot by vlc. no post-processing.

Mauser 1 vlc.jpg

That scope mount is on the wrong side of the gun! Its also a completely different mount. Image is not reversed because the safety is on the correct side (left side). Is there a wider shot showing the whole gun with mount and scope?

That's the Naked Runner gun. Never seen a nice wide shot of it like that. There is a mention( maybe earlier in this thread) of Han's ANH gun being the same one from the Naked Runner movie being re-purposed for Star Wars. Got excited there for a minute. Thought it was a non screen used version. Thanks. good way to give this thread a bump.

Happened to be watching an old ITC series blu-ray from the late 1960s - Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - when I came across this.

Don't know if this is important in any way, but thought I'd post it here.

I'm not knowledgeable in any way about the Mauser used in SW but there appears to be a silver/bare metal circle around that first scope support.

Is this known? Or just coincidence?

screenshot by vlc. no post-processing.

View attachment 703786

holy crap! We need caps of all the footage.

What bluray is this????

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have that first pic of the close up in high res??? I wanna see if the serial matches

I'll need some time to do some more caps but here is a larger version of the first image.

My PC wouldn't load the blu-ray. So I had to go to my Mac, and rip it from there. Then transfer back to the PC...it's all way too complicated for me, but it's my main computer!!

Anyway the scene comes from an episode of a UK series called Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) released in 1968. The episode is "Who Killed Cock Robin?". The gun only appears briefly in the first minute or two.

Don't know if there's a serial number visible...

vlcsnap-00003.jpg

Last edited:
Oh good caps, can see part of a number in the top left of the close-up pic. Auto White Balance should bring out the detail there.

Ok, put it on slow motion and made 195 screencaps...can't post them all here, surely...

and is there a limit on how many I can post. Perhaps I can email them out! Ah, limit 10. oops some repeats!

number is 2873

vlcsnap-00005.jpgvlcsnap-00013.jpgvlcsnap-00012.jpgvlcsnap-00011.jpgvlcsnap-00010.jpgvlcsnap-00009.jpgvlcsnap-00008.jpgvlcsnap-00007.jpgvlcsnap-00006.jpgvlcsnap-00014.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say this is definitely the same upper AND lower as the widely published pre-prod photos of the ANH Hero DL-44. I won't re-post the pre-prod photo, it's readily available. But if you look closely, not only does the serial number 2813 on the upper match, the nicks on the bottom edge of the rectangular part (sorry, don't know the correct term) at the rear of the gun seem to match as well. This is so cool, thanks for posting these caps!
Randall+Hopkirk_DL44_comparison.jpg

I wonder... has the left side of the slide perhaps been ground down just a tad to prevent it from sliding against the scope mount?
If so, then that could explain why the groove is thinner on that side than on the other.

It is difficult to see here how far the scope mount juts out. Also very difficult to see in any reference image of the final gun or casts of it whether the slide is half a millimetre smaller on one side than the other - but that could be verified if someone would visually inspect a cast of the real thing (perhaps at an exhibition) if one would look for specifically that detail.

I'd say this is definitely the same upper AND lower as the widely published pre-prod photos of the ANH Hero DL-44. I won't re-post the pre-prod photo, it's readily available. But if you look closely, not only does the serial number 2813 on the upper match, the nicks on the bottom edge of the rectangular part (sorry, don't know the correct term) at the rear of the gun seem to match as well. This is so cool, thanks for posting these caps!
View attachment 703890

Hmm. looks to my untrained eye that the machining doesn't match - but there seems to be a hole filled in there?

Pretty hard to tell with the machining, that's the first thing I looked for. Unfortunately the old photo is grainy and not particularly high resolution, a lot of detail like the machine marks are not visible. I think I see a bit of the edge of the prominent raised rectangular bit in the front recess in the old pic, which is quite plainly visible in the new screencap. Hard to tell though. The notches are a definite tell to me however. It looks like the new upper right of the rear cutout is a machined a bit too far out in the new pics, which again I "think" I can see in the pre-production photo.

The "filled hole" could be any kind of blemish I guess. It's also possible that the machining was cleaned up a bit, certainly they had to at least remove whatever remnants of the scope mount (welded on?) somehow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back