ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Well, whaddya know, I still have it lol! For better or worse, here is what I was attempting to do back in the day with my VHS, Star Wars cards, and the Storybooks as my references.

I bought the blank-firing Broomhandle Mauser from Collector's Armory with Christmas money and made the other parts bit by bit. The scope is the aforementioned battery terminal cleaner. I took it all apart and drilled out the front then used sheet styrene and a cupola from a B-29 model kit for the "glass" at the back.

The scope mount is a very heavy section of angle iron. The emitter/flash hider is made out of bronze! It was the first thing I ever made with a lathe. I made it at my cousin's house. He had quite the workshop. I turned the master in wax, we cast it, then I cleaned it up a bit on the lathe. Getting the thing to fit on the barrel was the biggest pain in the butt.

I abandoned the project over time as I never figured out a solid way to attach the scope/mount to the plastic pistol and keep it so that you could fire it.

Last edited:
Wow!!! Dude that's an antique now. its so cool to see guys who have built costumes and armor just from pressing pause on a VCR! I give you total props! Not real props.[emoji4]

...can't say where these came from or vouch for them but thought I'd post them for Halloween.
I put them all on one page just for the ease of posting.

Happy Halloween!

ANHBlasterpageforRPF_zpsb9e4ae6f.jpg

yeah...they did not come thru very clear... Someone may be blocking them!
here are bigger versions. I'll post single big pics when I can.

Booooooo !

ANHblasterLampRprecolor_zps47bfccab.jpg

ANHBlasterheroLampRpost_zps47720085.jpg

ANHblastertop-rear-casecolor_zps11fc7fac.jpg

Last edited:
The bigger images aren't showing up... and that Mystery Disc doesn't look like a silver sticker to me!!!

You know, could have used these a while ago... :facepalm

Weird about that... here's a re-upload from me:

ANHBlasterpageforRPF_zpsb9e4ae6f.jpg

If this one disappears too, then that'll rule out some specific problem on your end. Obviously, Kpax gets full credit. :p

So, looking at that Mystery Disc, it's looking more and more milled every time I look at it... no way is that a round silver sticker. And, look at that last pic, the T-tack DOES indeed have a small base to it. The gun also looks to have been painted with a thin coating of flat black that is heavily worn. And in the fifth pic... LOOK AT THE COMPLETE SIGHT GREEBLIE!!!!

Awesome pics of your blaster! :D

Last edited:
Dunno about the paint, but the disc looks like bare steel. Didn't think people still thought it was tape.

In some pics it looks painted, in others it doesn't. Going by the obvious changes in the sight greeblie, these pictures were obviously taken at during junctions before, during, and after production. But, that Mystery Disc is surely a mystery no longer - it is milled. And the center dark spot is not a hole, but a well placed divot with some dark something in it.

Each one of those scars in the disc are most likely where there was deep rust. Perhaps because the Disc is bare metal, it somehow or another began to rush, so they give it a quick polish with some sandpaper or something. Those deep pits refused to polish out flat, and thus they remain as deep pits in the surface metal - I've seen this on several antique katana that I own, prior to polishing and restoration, of course.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back