ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Barrel Discussion

No offence taken, honestly! ;)

Hi Kurtyboy,

Sorry if my reply sounded offensive, wasn't trying to jab at you at all. Just answering.

The Slides and or bolts do pull back to "rack" the hammer.

And you were correct about the Mauser receiver being disassembled to the rear. Have a look at the videos. Pretty cool.

For anyone that doesn't already know, the barrel greeblies were nailed by Lonepigeon years ago. A piece of t-track and two of those 'antenna' toggle switches.

The exact same details are on the Merr Sonns but in resin obviously.

I've disassembled the MGC a dozen times in the last week or so, it's very cool it breaks down in the exact same manner as the real Mauser broomhandle. I even built my GK MGC disassembled so I knew I could get it to reassemble and disassemble any time I want.

I'm leaning towards flat milled based on the reasoning behind disassembly/reassembly and the pictorial evidence.

Are we here to discuss any other aspects of the blaster like the barrel greeblies in evidence in the second and fifth pictures in post 1? Or has that all been well sorted? Maybe a refresher for those of us who enjoy talking blasters.

Sorry for my ignorance with guns but we just don't have 'em here!

I just know that you can slide the upper receiver back on the Mauser which cocks the hammer back, and I can do the same on a replica 1911 I have. :$

Kurt, does the replicas upper receiver draw back, or do you mean the little T lever (like in a M4 rifle) pulls back? Some replicas don't have the same feature as the original guns.

In a real Mauser C96 you flip the safety to Fire and draw back the internal slide, but the upper receiver stays stationary (and will lock open if unloaded, otherwise it feeds a round). The hammer is now ****** and the safety may be put to safe now.

It will slide back slightly (under a quarter inch) and will do so when fired but remains for the most part stationary with the inner slide shooting back and over the hammer. The hammer does not self cock mechanically but gets slapped back from the slide ramming back cocking it.

The C96 is very odd, and it's to expensive to shoot ($2+ a bullet) but it looks so cool. My C96

The whole upper receiver slides back on the MGC. Can't remember how far back it slides and I only have an upper here so I can't try it - the lower half is away to get some work done on it.

Kurt, does the replicas upper receiver draw back, or do you mean the little T lever (like in a M4 rifle) pulls back? Some replicas don't have the same feature as the original guns.

In a real Mauser C96 you flip the safety to Fire and draw back the internal slide, but the upper receiver stays stationary (and will lock open if unloaded, otherwise it feeds a round). The hammer is now ****** and the safety may be put to safe now.

It will slide back slightly (under a quarter inch) and will do so when fired but remains for the most part stationary with the inner slide shooting back and over the hammer. The hammer does not self cock mechanically but gets slapped back from the slide ramming back cocking it.

The C96 is very odd, and it's to expensive to shoot ($2+ a bullet) but it looks so cool. My C96

Hi RPGnerd,

You have a real c96 you say?

Maybe we can get you to measure the bore axis and upper receiver for us?

If we knew the width and height exactly and where the bore hole is in relation we could tell if the diameter of the bull barrel-if the same as the width of the upper receiver, would allow the barrel to sit above the top edge or not.

Do you have a micrometer? And would you be willing to do this?

You would probably have to take it apart to get the center of the bore but maybe could get the top and bottom of the chamber from the top with the slide bolt back.

Could settle the issue for us!

Hi RPGnerd,

You have a real c96 you say?

Maybe we can get you to measure the bore axis and upper receiver for us?

If we knew the width and height exactly and where the bore hole is in relation we could tell if the diameter of the bull barrel-if the same as the width of the upper receiver, would allow the barrel to sit above the top edge or not.

Do you have a micrometer? And would you be willing to do this?

You would probably have to take it apart to get the center of the bore but maybe could get the top and bottom of the chamber from the top with the slide bolt back.

Could settle the issue for us!

I'd be willing to do this but I'm not sure how. Would it be measured from the flat up, I don't have a micrometer available.

Hi,

That would be a great help.

Do you have a steel ruler? Even a nice plastic ruler would prob. do,

Are you able to disassemble the receiver?

If so I would take the Mauser apart safely, making sure it was empty of course and following all the safety protocols.

Get the upper receiver with the barrel and , using an EMPTY cartridge case slid partially, maybe half way in to the chamber and measure from the flat on the bottom of the upper receiver to the case.

Then simply measure the inside from top to bottom and then side to side.

If you cant disassemble, no prob. I will make a drawing to show you how to do it and where to measure.

Thanks for the offer to help!

I did some measuring on my MGC Mauser today, which has the barrel lopped off in just the right area.
Here's the results...for an MGC at least.

My MGC
QjrRBWIN.png

The drawing isn't flawless, it was just a quick way to get the right idea.
The flat angle measurements, bore and proportions are accurate though.
McwpVDDP.png

WG7YUFov.png

Here's the Two different Barrel Size Possibilities. I'm liking the one on the Left the most. The barrel on the Original does seem a tad larger than the width of the Mauser's Upper.
Barrels shown in following pictures are Centered.
Zo87CHta.png

Definitely seems plausible, ehh?
V3fCyYkc.png

-Carson

Last edited:

This thread has been changed so it's now for ANYTHING to do with the the DL-44 :thumbsup
Are we here to discuss any other aspects of the blaster like the barrel greeblies in evidence in the second and fifth pictures in post 1? Or has that all been well sorted? Maybe a refresher for those of us who enjoy talking blasters.

BUT, at the moment I think it would be better to work through each questionable detail of the Barrel Area, one at a time, just to keep things organized. So, after we are all happy with this one detail, we'll move on to the next tricky little detail! :)

-Carson

Last edited:

The whole upper receiver slides back on the MGC. Can't remember how far back it slides and I only have an upper here so I can't try it - the lower half is away to get some work done on it.

No Marcus, it stays. It just has some mm "play".

It only slides back at dissasembling. The job usually done by a sliding back upper receiver is done with the sliding back "T-bar" in front of the hammer.

I did some measuring on my MGC Mauser today, which has the barrel lopped off in just the right area.
Here's the results...for an MGC at least.

My MGC
MGCMuzzel.png

The drawing isn't flawless, it was just a quick way to get the right idea.
The flat angle measurements, bore and proportions are accurate though.
MGCMuzzel2.png

MGCMuzzel3.png

Here's the Two different Barrel Size Possibilities. I'm liking the one on the Left the most. The barrel on the Original does seem a tad larger than the width of the Mauser's Upper.
Barrels shown in following pictures are Centered.
MGCMuzzel4.png

Definitely seems plausible, ehh? :love
MGCMuzzel5.png

-Carson

If the real Mauser measures the same, than it seems that the barrel may indeed be flat bottomed as Carson shows.

The only other proof we may want to see is how it looks on our props. I may try a centered sample barrel with flat bottom and take som pics at the same angles as the hero gun to see how it matches up.

Also just found out that Forgotten Cinema HAS a d DVD of naked Runner! I am waiting to verify its a DVD.

THE NAKED RUNNER Frank Sinatra

May be able to see something else but Carsons drawings are very convincing... as long as the bbl is in the same position on the real c96.

...closing in on the truth.

nice work carson

Carson, I took your drawings and superimposed it on the HERO CU. When lined up it looks like the flat spot would be as I show, a little lower than yours, not in the recess. What do you think?

flatspotcopy.jpg

Wow, dang. Certainly looks as though there's a break in the reflection in that "grassy knoll" photo.

Good catch!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back