ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

The more I look at those things the more I am convinced they are RC thumbsticks. RC transmitters were around and readily available in the 70's, and considering how many electrical items were gutted for their greeblies (brushed aluminium stereo/radio amp knobs and dials on the Falcon quad gun controls) then I don't see why they wouldn't use RC parts? And perhaps the ones in the speeder could be a slight variation to the ones on the sight?

Anyhoo, here is an ad for a Heathkit controller...I know the ad is an illustration, but note the ring round the sticks...

R2-D2 was remote controlled in some shots, as was the mouse droid, so we know R/C equipment was around and at the disposal of the crew.

heathkit.jpg

491196646_tp.jpg

Markus

Interesting!

I was considering RC sticks too at one point, and there seems to be tons of pre '76 RC stuff for us to go through!

Those pop-up/push-down style car door locks were something else I was considering also.

-Carson

Last edited:

not too shabby a find there guys. Looks pretty close.

Gotta find better pics of this.

I can't believe nobody here at the RPF has one of these controllers.

Love to see if the scale matches.

lg-934431-0-3655.jpg

These seem to have ridges on the very top where your thumb would contact the control stick

Happy Holidays to all...everyone

Hope this new brings good things to all... at least until next Dec. 21!

Thanks! And same to you, Pat!

As long as Bruce Willis is still alive around this time next year, we shouldn't have anything to worry about..:lol

-Carson

Thanks Brinn! We couldn't be happier working on replicating such a wonderful prop. I've been having a blast on this project so far! :D

Thanks to all who have helped and posted so far! And have a Happy Holiday everyone!! :cheers

-Carson

Happy New Year to all!

I just got a great start to the new year. I just saw the 99% complete models from Daedbolt and I can't wait for him to post some captures for you to see.

They are as near perfect as I think they ever could be (working from the available materials of course)

They match every visible detail and fit both the photographic materials for scale as well as measured against a real c96 Mauser and Real scope.

They look so great I can't wait to get them in metal and plastic.

Get ready to have your socks knocked off.

Great work Carson!

Last edited:

Thanks to all who contributed to this project!

But especially to you kpax and deadbolt for being so anal about the details of this particular prop.

Can´t wait to see the drawings and finally will be able to put accurate parts on my real C96 :thumbsup
I have two ANH EE´s and a real mauser stored away for this special purpose, now I can sell the EE or use it as a costuming item.

Thanks, Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back