ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

yes, I think it would have to be a cross between a MGC and Denix of some sort.

Ya I figured the cost of casting would be prohibitive but thought I'd throw it out there.

Is the Barrel on the EE part of the upper receiver of a separate piece?

I think the barrel and upper receiver are all one peice. I had everything broken down and apart 4 years ago when I weathered it, but looking at it now it seems to be one peice. I had the flash hider off, but never made an attempt at removing the bull barrel....if it can be removed.

Anyone know for sure how this sucker was put together from stem to stern? :lol I know that nobody could figure out how the grill was fixed onto the front short of some kind of epoxy glue.

I only know of a few of us who even had the stones to weather our EE's :cool

big ones!

Post some pics if you can. close up of the joint of the BBL and receiver. Maybe to grill. I think I remember the photos I saw, looked like the grill may be glued on, at least the edges if I remember correctly looked like some glue squeeze. Is the Grill die cast metal? Can you tell.

Thought I'd post a little progress of the Flash Hider for everyone to see. :D

There's still plenty left to do before it's finished of course and allot of viewpoints left to check, but I think it's progressing nicely. :thumbsup

b4En6Lea.png

What does everyone think?

-Carson

Last edited:

Thought I'd post a little progress of the Flash Hider for everyone to see. :D

There's still plenty left to do before it's finished of course and allot of viewpoints left to check, but I think it's progressing nicely. :thumbsup

FHcurrent.png

What does everyone think?

-Carson

Looks great Carson!

I have a Q for all renderings of this item.

"Bullet Knurling" : Why is there a straight demarcation line between the round (forward) end and the tubular section? Is it an artifact from the 3d rendering, meaning just how it is depicted but the actual 3d milling would end up smooth, or is there an expected break line there?

How many Bullet knurls are there suppose to be?

My FH and Carsons rendering have 16.

I have read of other amounts but this number and size seems to work.

Does anyone know or want to check my estimate of the Straight Knurling pitch?

I estimate it is 21 pitch or 21 lines per inch based on the HERO photos and counting the grooves.

Deadbolt, is that what you got?

It is an exact replica of a real MG81 (So I was told) made of steel so that it could be used on the real gun as a replacement, complete with threads and holes on top and bottom. It was done by someone on one of the forums that I found out after I sent my money, had a shady past and not the best rep for coming through with paid orders, I don't remember his name but I ordered my 2 flash hiders I think Parkerized like the original and got 2 plain steel but I had them so I did not send them back!

Thanks!

The lines you see are artifacts from how the Model was Rendered, they aren't actually present on the Model. Here's a picture to show the overall smoothness.

YwzGWxq3.png

I'm not sure about the knurl pitch, this model has an average spacing of about 1mm per knurl, from center to center. 100 knurl marks total on the middle section. And 16 Bullet knurls on bottom ring.

And nice Flash Hider, Krisk! That replica looks pretty accurate. :thumbsup

-Carson

Last edited:

I am pretty sure it is from the same run that kpax has. Looking back at the pictures he posted, his looks the same as mine, on the inside too.

I am pretty sure it is from the same run that kpax has. Looking back at the pictures he posted, his looks the same as mine, on the inside too.

I'm not sure if it is the same or not. Mine came with just a scribed line knurling. I don't think the MG81 guys cared about the look as much as we do.

I had the knurling added by one of the machinists I am speaking with.

I think it is 21 pitch, but we only have to specify when made.

And Krisk's overall "look" is a little better. I need to "adjust" mine.

How about gettng the inner adapter machined as wel? I can't remember who it was that supplied the original (Boba Debt?). Anyone?

big ones!

Post some pics if you can. close up of the joint of the BBL and receiver. Maybe to grill. I think I remember the photos I saw, looked like the grill may be glued on, at least the edges if I remember correctly looked like some glue squeeze. Is the Grill die cast metal? Can you tell.

I have these in slightly higher res. if necessary. They're from when I had my EE broken down to weather. It looks one peice to me, even while holding it for inspection...anyone else have an EE that could lend an opinion?

img_04122.jpg

img_04123.jpg

How about gettng the inner adapter machined as wel? I can't remember who it was that supplied the original (Boba Debt?). Anyone?

We hope to, but we still need to track one down for measurements..

Boba Debt doesn't have an Original FH anymore, anybody else have an MG-81 Flash Hider Booster/Adapter they would be willing to measure?

-Carson

DL 44 Blaster, your Elite's barrel looks to be one piece with the upper receiver. Maybe there's a reasonable way to have the Barrel Re-Turned and Flattened?

I always thought the MR EE had the Grill cast into it's body, but in your photos it look as though it could possibly be removed if necessary. :thumbsup

-Carson

any other views? maybe a top view showing the chamfer/receiver area?

As Deadbolt said, it looks to be one piece. the Grill may be added or not. Is there and "flash" down the center line? Any screws or holes? Maybe you can show the grill area where it meets the frame on the top and bottom. Underneath, that may show if its filled or has some taper for casting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back