ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Deadbolt, I was thinking the same thing! It makes sense.
Everyone has done a wonderful job so far and I hope to be able to contribute in some way.
Has anyone thought of getting one built from scratch and than get it casted? it may be too expensive but it could be offered as a kit for others to assemble and paint or anadize maybe. just a thought.

Here are the Measurements from Dcarty. I have removed the MR EE measurements until we decide if it is OK to post.

I have read that the MR EE frame was derived from a Vintage Mauser so it was more accurate than the prior MR efforts where they used Denix frames.

Many thanks again to Dave ( Dcarty) !!

The Denix measurements are mine and missing a few since I altered mine considerably. Anyone with an unaltered version is welcomed to fill in!

allmausersmeasurementss.jpg

I have read that the MR EE frame was derived from a Vintage Mauser so it was more accurate than the prior MR efforts where they used Denix frames.

MR coppied an MGC, not a C-96.

Great job to all involved so far. The discovery of the flat bottom on the bull barrel is great.

Interesting, I was under the impression that one of the members here helped MR source a C96 for reference on the EE. The final product certainly looks a lot closer to a real Mauser than an MGC either way.

Dave

MR coppied an MGC, not a C-96.

Great job to all involved so far. The discovery of the flat bottom on the bull barrel is great.

Perhaps they used both? I remember reading it was based on an MGC.
I lost interest in this prop after the Gabe/Razzmiester flash hider debacle.
I'm ready to put all that behind, and get back to converting my 1930's era firing C96!

Found this in another thread, didn't know how to repost so I C&P.

Credit to Yodaman200

MRBryan announced last night at Rebelscum that the next EE would be the Solo ANH blaster. Here's an overview:

Quote:
As some of you may know, our original LE was made froma Denix, which is a replica of a Mauser. Now, the new EE, based on the new information that we have is based on the Broomhandle Mauser! So, this one is accurate to the actual filming prop. Also, the scope will be 'see through" and the handle will be made from wood instead of plastic.

Also, there has been a lot of discussion of the "Antennae" detail behind the suppressors. After a lot of investigative interviews, we have determined that they were there in pre-production but were no longer there in the actual filming. The Merr Sonn casting was done on the pre-production prop. However, the first time the gun was fired, it most likely fell off from the recoil. That is why it is not seen in the screen grabs that all of you have! This we think that this also explains the infamous "mystery Disk"

Therefore, we will be supplyng this piece with the prop. You have the choice to display it as either the pre-production version or the one seen on screen, with it missing!

Not definitive but reasonable.

Either way, based on MGC or C96 they are close...very close

Last edited:

Deadbolt, I was thinking the same thing! It makes sense.
Everyone has done a wonderful job so far and I hope to be able to contribute in some way.
Has anyone thought of getting one built from scratch and than get it casted? it may be too expensive but it could be offered as a kit for others to assemble and paint or anadize maybe. just a thought.

Thanks Krisk, are you referring to a building and casting for a Mauser or for the Blaster pieces? That would be interesting for a Mauser, a newer, cheaper base would be super cool! :thumbsup

-Carson

Perhaps they used both? I remember reading it was based on an MGC.
I lost interest in this prop after the Gabe/Razzmiester flash hider debacle.
I'm ready to put all that behind, and get back to converting my 1930's era firing C96!

All you have to do is get a smith to re-barrel that Mauser with a 30cal rifle barrel cut at about 5 inch or so...

pretty cool.

I was thinking more along the lines of a sleeve over the current barrel to simulate the bull barrel.

As some of you may know, our original LE was made froma Denix, which is a replica of a Mauser. Now, the new EE, based on the new information that we have is based on the Broomhandle Mauser!

This is correct. MR based the EE on a real Mauser. They later used the same base for the ESB DL-44, but added some MGC specific details (like the pin in the trigger).

I was thinking more along the lines of a sleeve over the current barrel to simulate the bull barrel.

look up Wakal here on the RPF.

He made a sleeved c96. he posted it somewhere. Maybe you can contact him... but a chopped re-barreled c96 would be so sweet.

Don't blame you for not choping it... I wouldn't either!

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. I must have been thinking of the ESB blaster.
Apologies to Kapax for my error.

I've been aware of Wakal's beautiful firing conversions for many years ;) , just a matter of waiting for the details to be hammered out on the rest of the parts like what is going on in this thread.
Converting a graflex is one thing, but a firing Mauser is a whole different ballgame.

Need to find me some .30 mauser tracers. :lol

Last edited:

batter up!

Fun stuff.

Good luck with the tracers. Would look cool coming out of a full blown DL-44!

Tracers would be really awesome to see, especially through a DL-44.:thumbsup I'm sure allot of us would love to see a 'fully working' Blaster like that! :love

-Carson

AMAZING DISCOVERIES!!! I wish I could help more! Everything sounds pretty good to me. (y)thumbsup

What realistic options are there for those of us with the EE? I fully weathered mine so I'm not worried about destroying value. I just wonder when it comes to the newly discovered flat bottomed barrel what could be done to the bull-barrel of an EE ..?.. :confused ...cutting off the old and having a new one machined seems the only option to me.

deadbolt, What I mean is to build all the parts for a mauser incorporating the bull barrel and any other things needed to make it screen accurate, have it all casted in aluminum and making it a kit that we would have to paint and assemble. It would mean the receiver and and slide/barrel assemble. I don't know how clean the casting could be so there was little to no clean up. I am sure that casting of the parts would be expensive. At the minimum the slide with the bull barrel so we don't have to have a pieced together barrel. I've seen some cast aluminum that looks great with minor cleanup.

What realistic options are there for those of us with the EE? I fully weathered mine so I'm not worried about destroying value. I just wonder when it comes to the newly discovered flat bottomed barrel what could be done to the bull-barrel of an EE ..?.. :confused ...cutting off the old and having a new one machined seems the only option to me.

Is the Barrel on the EE part of the upper receiver of a separate piece?

deadbolt, What I mean is to build all the parts for a mauser incorporating the bull barrel and any other things needed to make it screen accurate, have it all casted in aluminum and making it a kit that we would have to paint and assemble. It would mean the receiver and and slide/barrel assemble. I don't know how clean the casting could be so there was little to no clean up. I am sure that casting of the parts would be expensive. At the minimum the slide with the bull barrel so we don't have to have a pieced together barrel. I've seen some cast aluminum that looks great with minor cleanup.

I'll put my two cents in.

I don't think parts would be cast aluminum. Too much upfront cost and secondary labor for the numbers needed.

They would be CNCd from aluminum and or steel.

Making a complete upper receiver or new Mauser as I know Deadbolt and others here would like is a toughy.

There is the possibility to CNC the frame from aluminum as well. I will "ask" my machinist what it would take to do this.

Ya never know?

I agree, Casting may have a bit of a cost issue. Machining would also be interesting to see though.

Of course it would have to be completely Non-Firing. But that would open up the option the have an accurate attachable Bull Barrel that keys and bolts onto a pre-modified barrel on the machined or cast Mauser. That way it could have an accurate looking Blued Bull Barrel and the Mauser would be easy to paint separately.
But mainly, that would just look awesome! :D

-Carson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back