ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Shame about his limp wrist (when firing)!

Interesting shots of the mount! Thanks for the link too.

Nobody's seen or found another mount like that yet? It would seem a bit unnecessary for them to custom make it for Sitting Target.

As for Han's accuracy.. He's so good he can curve lasers with his eyes closed!..:lol
The Blaster does look WAY cool while firing though. :D

-Carson

Could Han Solo's gun be THE Naked Runner gun?

I don't think there's any proof to say it is 100%. But most of us are 100% certain it is definitely the same upper receiver. The Bull Barrel was added custom for The Naked Runner, it is very unique. :thumbsup

-Carson

Last edited:

I don't think there's any proof to say it is 100%. But most of us are 100% certain it is definitely the same upper receiver. The Bull Barrel was added custom for The Naked Runner, it is very unique. :thumbsup

-Carson

Were other original Mausers made with a bull-barrel from the factory? Or, was this just a cool factor that prop guys applied to the Mauser so it will screw together like a snipers gun?

I suppose that any number of modifications could have been made to an original Mauser once in an owners possesion but, I just wonder if they ever "came" that way.

As they said, and as far as I know, there's never been an Official Mauser Broomhandle with a Bull Barrel.

Does anybody happen to have an all Original MG-81 Flash Hider they would be willing contribute Measurements for? If you don't want them released publicly, they won't be. We're going to be working up some Models as accurately as we can for some possible parts runs and we just don't have access to all Original parts. I would measure a replica, but that could seem a little recast-ish. Thanks again everyone for all the help with this Project and Research!

-Carson

I think we can compare the ones I have with the one Kurtyboy has. I know mine was "supposedly" made for a real-functional MG81, not a SW blaster so it should be accurate. Some details need to be addressed such as how it should be attached to the NEW bull barrel. Should the FH have a threaded hole? Remember a real MG81 did not have a thumb set screw. The holes were for removing the FH from the threaded barrel.

I made my first one with the barrel threaded for the set screw and left the FH holes alone.

Do we bother to put the internal threading in the FH?

Do we leave the muzzle cut square or put in a cool looking Laser emitter?

Can't really see it and would cost more for our repros.

Do we make them from Steel, Aluminum, Zink? base it on cost?

just some Qs to start the discussion.

As they said, and as far as I know, there's never been an Official Mauser Broomhandle with a Bull Barrel.

Does anybody happen to have an all Original MG-81 Flash Hider they would be willing contribute Measurements for? If you don't want them released publicly, they won't be. We're going to be working up some Models as accurately as we can for some possible parts runs and we just don't have access to all Original parts. I would measure a replica, but that could seem a little recast-ish. Thanks again everyone for all the help with this Project and Research!

-Carson

The machined flash hiders that me and Kpax have were derived from an original so measurements should be spot on.

-Carson

Well, that settles it! :thumbsup Should be okay to use the replica flash hider for measurements then. :D

An unaltered Flash Hider should work well, and would keep the accuracy level up. And an 'idealized' adapter with the same visible accuracy while in the flash hider, could be used for an ideal fit to the barrel. It would fit like it was made for it, but would be fully accurate visually when assembled with the barrel.

Would that be acceptable?

-Carson

The machined flash hiders that me and Kpax have were derived from an original so measurements should be spot on.

They were made in different factorys, some as licensed products - in wartime, while beeing bombed by allied airforces. Tools and materials were used that were available, as long as it still fitted the MGs threading.

If the creator of the flashhiders had not used the Solo flashhider itself, then there is a good chance that details differ from any measurement we have from ours to the prop. My flashhider is a replica that would fit on a MG81, too - but it is slighly different to Kpaxs flashhider.

I'll show mine... let me put it another way.

I'll post a few shots of my, raw FH, No color, was trying out bluing so may be some traces visible. Lets just compare to the best original pics for details and see what we come up with. I will add measurements too.

PS I should be getting a "ballpark" price for parts based on my originals shortly. Of course we will alter the details as we develop the final piece.

The machinist I am speaking with suggested Steel for the FH and Aluminum for the other parts which sounds reasonable.

Let me know your thoughts.

They were made in different factorys, some as licensed products - in wartime, while beeing bombed by allied airforces. Tools and materials were used that were available, as long as it still fitted the MGs threading.

If the creator of the flashhiders had not used the Solo flashhider itself, then there is a good chance that details differ from any measurement we have from ours to the prop. My flashhider is a replica that would fit on a MG81, too - but it is slighly different to Kpaxs flashhider.

Agreed. We can definitely adjust any details to match the original Flash Hider as closely as possible, with the references available.

Steel for the Flash Hider would definitely be best. And depending on cost, Steel scope mounts would be great too.. but Aluminum would definitely do. :thumbsup

And I always thought the Grill would look just perfect in Aluminum. :D

-Carson

I'll show mine... let me put it another way.

I'll post a few shots of my, raw FH, No color, was trying out bluing so may be some traces visible. Lets just compare to the best original pics for details and see what we come up with. I will add measurements too.

PS I should be getting a "ballpark" price for parts based on my originals shortly. Of course we will alter the details as we develop the final piece.

The machinist I am speaking with suggested Steel for the FH and Aluminum for the other parts which sounds reasonable.

Let me know your thoughts.

Steel scope mounts would be great too.. but Aluminum would definitely do. :thumbsup

I have read that scope mounts of that time were also made of an early Aluminum alloy of some sort Anyone know anything about this?

Here is a comparison of one of my FHs, the HERO and a REAL FH at the bottom (which looks to be painted. I need to adjust some surface details to match, such as rounding the front of the knurled area a bit, and sanding out and "softening" the surface which will make the bullet knurling look more like the HERO and also making the space between the knurling a little wider to match.
fhcomparecopy.jpg

My sized FH in millimeters. (mm)

Looking forward to comparing to Kurtyboy.

I also read that the MR elite used a steel replica. Be nice to compare that too if anyone has one.

If anyone has an ORIGINAL MG81... don't be shy.

fhsizedcopy.jpg

Thanks for the Measurements, Pat! :thumbsup

Besides the upper middle edge needing some rounding, the small recessed ring just above the bottom ring of grooves looks like it may be a little short compared to the HERO. And the grooves on the bottom ring and the knurling around the middle of the HERO don't look quite as deep compared to the Replica. Hard to say for sure though. Guess I'd better get to drawing.;)

-Carson

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back