ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Here are a few. DVD, but not HD so still not great but better.

SOME I PUT IN FOR THE BARREL BOTTOM, SOME FOR OTHER DETAILS
FOR YOU ALL TO DISCOVER.

These are the best of the bunch.

Take a look at the first pic and notice how the receiver/barrel area where they join looks funny, extra highlight.

It is clear that the barrel IS slightly smaller/off center than the receiver if you look close you can see the step.

Also note the bevels at the top of the barrel. In some pics I would swear the barrel is different.

The little notch/tab at the end of the barrel is spring loaded as someone said earlier and needs to be depressed before the barrel extension will screw on all the way.

vlcsnap2011062216h36m55.png
vlcsnap2011062216h46m25.png
vlcsnap2011062216h52m47.png

vlcsnap2011062217h01m56.png

vlcsnap2011062218h10m59.png
vlcsnap2011062218h16m44.png
vlcsnap2011062218h27m12.png
vlcsnap2011062218h34m55.png
vlcsnap2011062218h40m21.png
vlcsnap2011062218h42m37.png
vlcsnap2011062218h44m07.png

Awesome pictures!! Thanks kpax!:thumbsup These are the pictures allot of us could of used years ago. :cheers

Also in the 7th and 9th pictures, it looks like the Flat area of the Barrel goes all the way to the muzzle.

-Carson

Last edited:

But here is the clincher...

Look close at the close up. Had to enhance it a bit.

Enjoy the pics!

flatbottombarrelco.jpg

Interesting that in the poster the mount is on the right and only one!

Also the bull barrel is not quite right. Even though a painting I wonder if the artist had different reference material.

the-naked-runner-movie-poster-1967-1020250246.jpg

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect it to be released on Blu-ray any time soon. :lol

That's an interesting movie poster though, too bad it's art work rather than a photograph. In that case, I would of been trying to find one. :D

-Carson

Cool=10...Accuracy=0

Some stills showing scope mount and details.

Note the mount dovetail and how it is attached and where. Note the screw.

Maybe this explains the Mystery Disk?

Maybe the production tried to mount the scope the same way... on the left,- then realized it could not holster or look good while filming and had them switch it?

The single screw hole in the center of the dovetail is interesting and could explain the hole in the Disk but not the disk itself.

The scope mount on the SW guns is all wrong from a real gun point point of view. The scope is on the RIGHT side AND swings the scope OUT even further to the right WAY off bore axis especially for a right handed shooter. Not a good design. Cool, but not practical.

A good design would place the scope directly over the barrel and as low as possible. They could have done this by reversing the mount but not as easy... and the way Solo shoots, it wouldn't have helped anyway!

What do you all think?

scopemountdetailsststil.jpg

Last edited:

Interesting shots of the mount! Thanks for the link too.

Nobody's seen or found another mount like that yet? It would seem a bit unnecessary for them to custom make it for Sitting Target.

As for Han's accuracy.. He's so good he can curve lasers with his eyes closed!..:lol
The Blaster does look WAY cool while firing though. :D

-Carson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back