ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

I checked my remaining scopes and all of them are a) identical in size and b) have identical radii at the scope bell

Still have to take some beauty shots of the near mint scope, sorry

Markus

It WAS, I had one on an EE when I took the pic

Just bought a new one... ;)
But it doesn't have the numbers on the windage

Markus

It WAS, I had one on an EE when I took the pic

Just bought a new one... ;)
But it doesn't have the numbers on the windage

Markus
Well, you could always have the numbers engraved n the dial, if you really wanted to. (I'd NEVER trust myself to doing anything like that, but then again, I'm a noob.) The best guys definitely have the best toys, don't they? (All I've got is a Denix and a single MGC Mauser-I'd much rather have the MR ANH EE, in all honesty.) Just wondering, roughly how long did it take for you to accumulate all of those Hensoldts? :cool

I am collecting Hensoldt scopes for more than 10 years now.
Had about 11-13, including all the ones I sold and/ or traded over the time

Markus

Just a quick update to say that my live fire DL-44 is up and running! I took it to an indoor range, a very dark indoor range so apologies for the crappy pix. Embarrassing coming from a professional cameraman :$. Here are some low-resolution flash frames.

Flash Frame 2.JPGFlash Frame 3.JPGFlash Frame 1.JPGFlash Frame 5.JPG

I'll post good video once I can take it to the outdoor range.

The gun cycles perfectly with either the aluminum or steel parts. There are still things to iron out, like the fact that the aluminum booster heats up at a different rate than the steel barrel and gets loose after twenty rounds or so, but the thing works!

Awesome flash out of that blaster, Dave! Cool to see it together and working well. The strangely dark range turned out perfect for capturing the tremendous flash of that thing. :thumbsup

Glad to hear you've gotten things ironed out with your blaster as well, Scott!

-Carson

Finally got it working!

KPax actually sent me the idea to lighten the springs and cut them a coil at a time to get it to work and it DID!!!

YAY!!!

and here's one with my Red 9 too:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say the ANH blaster with MG81 flash hider looks SO Much cooler!

Glad the spring thing worked for you! Better than a single shot blaster for sure.
Great vids.
Thanks!

Thanks kpax! Yeah, the "flash-hider" seems to do everything but. More like a flash enhancer! Definitely don't want to be close to the front end of this thing when it goes off. Maybe there is something to the whole "clumsy and random" idea after all. I can see the sales slogan in the catalog: "Lousy shot? Buy a DL-44!"

Scottjua, really glad you got it working and very nice video. I'm guessing you're using the hotter loads? The flash from your gun is definitely more impressive! (Euphemism for nothing...)

Thanks guys!

David, actually, I am using both! the 7.63 and the Tok both cycle it just fine now. The Tok is 100% more reliable on getting the bolt to lock back on the last round, where the 7.63 loads will cycle it, but not always lock the bolt back.

Yeah... the flash "hider" doesn't hide a darn thing. Hahaha it just makes it way totally more radical!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back