ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Yeah it was just a slightly odd shipped barrel that widened in the middle. By the time I cut it shorter there was only half an inch or so to narrow so out came the dremel with a small router and also a bit of filing. Ended up fitting snugly. Really hard to pick up looking at it, that's what made me think twice. Anyway it didn't take much to fix.

At my work bench right this moment with that same problem. What tools did you use to adjust the thickness of the denix barrel, Bodie?

Last edited:
Still don't quite understand the problem.

The bull barrel slips over the Mauser barrel. The Mauser barrel should be cut at the end of the bull barrel. ( approx) so the three set screws can center and secure the bull barrel. Any fitting at the receiver should be already done as in the draw ing above.
The booster fits over the bull barrel and should not touch the Mauser barrel at all.
Can you post a pic?
Curious ...

Ok so I slid the bull barrel on ok. The I went to slide the booster on, and it on went down an inch (once the tip of the Denix barrel was cut) before it wouldn't go any further. In inspection I noticed that the Denix barrel expanded out slightly before narrowing closer to the main part of the gun again. It was almost unnoticeable until looked at closely. It widened just enough to stop the booster.
So I put the Denix in a vice and got the dremel with the router tip on an slowly and carefully trimmed around the barrel until the booster would snug fit on. Took a little filing to make the booster and FH sit straight and true. You could just use a file but the router tip on the dremel worked fine
I'll stick a pic in soon. I just presume quality control on the poor old Denix isn't 100% and some slip through. It really wasn't noticeable to glance and and as I was chopping the barrel I didn't really look closely until I was about to start.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I have been trying to PM a reply to the PM you sent me Kpax and your inbox is full.

as you were......... :)

Still don't quite understand the problem.

The bull barrel slips over the Mauser barrel. The Mauser barrel should be cut at the end of the bull barrel. ( approx) so the three set screws can center and secure the bull barrel. Any fitting at the receiver should be already done as in the draw ing above.
The booster fits over the bull barrel and should not touch the Mauser barrel at all.
Can you post a pic?
Curious ...

Yea, my Denix has that barrel issue as well. The booster won't slide on like the barrel sleeve does. I'll have to break out the dremel on my next day off.

sorry, I still don't understand the problem and am curious. The Booster fit on the end of the Bull Barrel and does not touch the Mauser Denix barrel at all since the Mauser/Denix barrel should be entirely inside the BullBarrel unless you are leaving the Mauser barrel as long or longer than the Bull Barrel.

If you cut the Mauser barrel to the length just short of the end of the Booster (at the end of the bullbarrel) you will be golden.

Last edited:
yeah I'd like to see a pic of what you are talking about, if the booster doesn't fit over the sleeve barrel you might just have to sand it a little bit,

Yeah the barrel just bulges a fraction in the middle. Just needed sanding/filing. No problem just confused me at the time because there were different parts styles and I was thinking I might have ordered incorrectly.

unfortunately every casting is probably a little different, the real ones have some variation also, I tried to give enough clearance inside but a little more might be needed, the hex end should be big enough, maybe a little sanding there is needed also, there are no different parts to order

Dave will be working on the wood grips for the Mauser after he finishes the Capt America belt buckle this week.
Will post progress. This is the inside so far...

image.jpg

Hey everyone - I am finishing my ANH blaster and I have a really quick question:

How to work out the issue of getting the screws through the steel scope to hold in the brass end pieces (so it will be locked in place)?

I was thinking of making a very small drill hole in the brass end pieces and then use the screws.

Is there a better or different way of doing this?

Also, thank you to Dave, Pat, and Carson for this awesome kit! I love how mine has turned out. This was my first prop build and I had a lot of fun working on it. :D

That is they way most did it I think.
...turn the scope rings so the slots face the way you like.
screw in the tiny screws so they touch the brass ring and to mark the brass location or use a thin scribe or marker
you can either dimple or drill a hole as you suggested to lock the rings in place Or
trim the tiny screws so they will just put pressure on the ring to hold it in place in case you want to be able to turn the rings in the future.

Can't wait to see your blaster!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back