ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

The bolt in the pic above (and other post production pics) was the one I was referring to as well. In those shots it "appears" to be painted and may have been "touched up". but the Cantina pics clearly show a lighter bolt and rear sight. so the screen used version should have a lighter bolt and rear sight IMO.

fOlY8WU.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized something a little earlier.. First off, it was already determined and known before this project that the Lower/Frame of the ANH Hero Mauser was swapped out with one different than the Naked Runner Mauser had originally. But the Upper receiver parts of the ANH Hero are still from the NR Mauser obviously due to the bull barrel. I'm guessing the swapped frames was necessary since the ANH Mauser needed the Mount on the opposite side.

And during this project thanks to Dpp1978 and dcarty we already know that most of the NR Mauser setup was also used in an episode of a show called 'The Sweeney', same frame, bull barrel and all. But way back around the same time we were all finding that out, the member Krel let us all know that there was a similar looking Mauser used in a show called 'The Protectors' as well. And a ways back Pat managed to get some stills from that show, which are posted below.

And I didn't quite catch on until now that that's not the Naked Runner Mauser in The Protectors.. It appears to be the Mauser that the ANH Hero's Lower/Frame came from! The Mount spacers definitely seem to look about right and they're also on the correct side for the ANH Hero. For some reason I didn't notice until today that the mount is on the wrong side of the Protectors Mauser for it to be the Naked Runner gun. And this particular Mauser doesn't appear to have a bull barrel either.

Very interesting that two strikingly similar, custom 'man from uncle' style Bapty props might have been merged into this one Star Wars prop we all love so much.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff432/deadbolt55/stillsfromtheprotectors_zps221f171f.png

-Carson

Nice observation Carson on the Protectors lower. It may be the same lower or at least the same build design as the ANH lower. wish we had better images/

Here is a larger image in the Cantina with the HERO
Clearly the Hero and not the "Greedo killer".

As said above, it seems the Greedo version was only used for the very quick close up being pulled from the holster under the table... never quite made it all the way out in that shot.

In the pic below, you can see the HERO version and even in the blue ray you can tell that it is this version that actually "kills" Greedo! ;)

tumblr_m5n7asoAzF1qihdkio1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
yup! The GK as we call it is only seen in the close up... that's it. Well, and the post production photos.

Great Photo! Gosh I wish I had the negatives!!!

This ones slightly larger, but there's not quite enough difference I'm afraid.
..We could all really use a new set of photos to look at!

han_01_zpsfa32670f.jpg

-Carson

Just for fun as we wait for the new parts... in a few weeks!

Here is an Antenna/Pushrod post comparing the MerrSonn close up to an actual "found" molded plastic Pushrod from the original model kit.

The moulding defects in the plastic create a "depression" in the plastic which is actually a sunkin area near the top of the head. There are other "rings" around the head and rod due to the mold being old and unpolished.

The sink marks create an illusion of the two grooves we thought were there due to the lighting. Note the comparison of the images.

So now we know they were not grooves or glue... just an old mold.

Lights can play tricks!

6dgj.jpg

Attachments

• 6dgj.jpg
    6dgj.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 304
Just to clarify, DEC has their latest runs coming out in September but they will be making another run?

As far as I know, the second run should ship end of August. I suppose there could be another run if there was enough interest.

You can always email dave.

If anyone has two extra, original pushrods and the flat disc with the two cylinders on it, from the original model maker, let me know. I'm dying to scale up the dash panel for my speeder and I want these parts before I start :)

It's crazy how there are NO parts for this build to be found anywhere! I'm a long time lurker, recently turned poster and I want this blaster SO bad! I've missed out on everything!

Nice observation about the rings/recesses, Pat. The pushrods appear to have been molded from two molds, one for each pushrod. So you may have just found which one of the two we're seeing on that particular Merr Sonn blaster. Very cool!

I didn't really think about it until recently, but Greedo's blaster seems to be the one SW prop that made use of all 4 pieces in a Veron/Reade cylinder set, no more no less. But of course there could always be others that I'm unaware of. :p

-Carson

Last edited:
It's crazy how there are NO parts for this build to be found anywhere! I'm a long time lurker, recently turned poster and I want this blaster SO bad! I've missed out on everything!

glad you are posting.

it seems like there is some more interest after the Tested video. Maybe there can be a 3rd run.

stick around and spread the word.

Lord knows I'm not the only one who has ever thought of this, but, has anyone ever tried morphing doopydoos parts with a denix before? Just curious, as it seems to be a great (cheaper) alternative.

I was looking at the T Track and had some questions and observations.

I noticed that the track is shown several different ways in different images from screen used and display and stunt props. the detail I'm interested in is why some show the "blade" as being tapered and rounded and some show the blade as squared and flat topped.

Are there any photos of the MerrSonn blasters from the top view? Are they in the SW collection and still extant? Love to see if that is really the same track on those and the HS Hero as are on the sabers and E11.

Were there different types of track? The HERO Luke seems to have the straight walled blade with flat top.

The ESB sabers seem to have both.

nhiu.jpg

nyzt.jpg

Attachments

• nhiu.jpg
    nhiu.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back