ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

sorta like this?
sightwgreebliescopy.jpg

Last edited:

We're not quite sure - but we believe it's actually a source of cabinet T-Track rather than wiper blades. If it's not the cabinet stuff, though, the wiper blades are the best bet.

That's the last piece of the Luke ANH (or ESB, save the hardware) that still confounds us. I doubt we'll ever know the exact source, but we may.

I see lonepigeon got here first. And here I was, thinking I was helpful for a change. :p

Sure looks like wiper blades on the lightsaber. makes sense for handling too. guess youd have to see the real item. I heard it was just auctioned off. Why didn't anybody here buy it???? I think it went cheep for about $75K

Thanks for your input. Id like to see the cabinet track you guys are talking about.

SO, here's the new big question, now that there is so much fantastic references and incredible info starting to bubble up. What would everyone here like to see most out of some possible Replicas or Replica parts?

I know I for one would Love to see some super accurate replicas..:D
Just as much as I would Love to work on a project such as this!

Kpax and I have talked a little and him and I both would both like to work out everything we can to get some replicas and/or parts going.

And clearly a run like this would work best as a Group Project, if it isn't evident enough already.;) So ultimately, it would be up to Everyone as to how these parts should turn out. With all the great members here at the RPF, this could really be one Awesome Project!

What does everyone think?

-Carson

Last edited:

This is a fantastic thread.
I disassembled my ANH hero som time ago, thought I'd refurbish it completetely. Though I'm happy with my dcarty-style bull barrel, I'd be in for a replica or parts, depending what everybody else says.

Guys, what a great read and a fantastic thread!! A confirmed discovery has been made with the flat bottom bull-barrel along with the taper and re-education of old knowledge poured into one thread. Great stuff!!

My MR Elite that I weathered to the Chronicles pics sits in front of me, in its case, not knowing how much I want to disassemble it to have a new barrel machined for it...........I guess that thought belongs in the "Inner Monologue" thread:lol

Hi Chris,

Great material as usual.

I am looking for the thread below

maybe we can pull a bit from there to nail this down too.

Have you blueprinted the other parts as well? IE Grill and scope mount Flash Hider?

Actually, the Master Replicas Elite came with an accurate sight piece.
There was a big long thread years ago with accurate CAD models matched to high quality pics.

I blueprinted the "antenna" pieces and there was a run way back then.

antennaproof4.jpg

The right side "antenna" broke off leaving just the left one. The center piece is a bit of T-track. The center ridge was broken or cut to look a little like a gun sight.

OK, we had now enough theoretical thoughts, some machining had to be done. :love

Well, as my barrel wasn´t that nice for me anymore than a few days before .... i milled it down and gave it a 1° taper. :cool

Pics in 1-2 hours - i made them, but if i don´t go now to town to buy some stuff my wife made me a list, i would come in some serious trouble. "You can play with your toys when the work is done!" :lol

Found the Antenna thread good read - but can't see any pics!

It would be great to pull all the best pics and CADs together in one place for study especially if we are considering a "definitive" parts run.

There are MUCH better pics out there than I have. Would love to see them.

I think I have a very good Steel MG81 made for a real gun so It seems accurate.

Barrel recut based on the NEW information.

My Grill is Aluminum and close based on the materials I have now but will redo when we get to that!

I have made an Aluminum scope mount that with the help of Lichtbringer got very close to what I think...for now...should be. Love to compare and get opinions from the group.

Scope based on real scope ala Lightbringer.

The question remains how to present the parts. As they "should be" if it were a real blaster, or as a replica of the PROP?

I would rather have it look real since it will be handled and studied so CAMERA quality is not good enough.

I think the parts have to be considered for what they are supposed to be ie: Grill as a heat dissipating FINS.

Front sight as a SIGHT (with removable Antenna?)

Disk as... something ...er a

Have some ideas on how to "kit" the parts for general modeling use. We can all have some input as to how the parts should be made to allow most people to assemble their DL44s

What do you think?

Cant wait to see Lichtbringers barrel cut!

Sure looks like wiper blades on the lightsaber. makes sense for handling too. guess youd have to see the real item. I heard it was just auctioned off. Why didn't anybody here buy it???? I think it went cheep for about $75K

Thanks for your input. Id like to see the cabinet track you guys are talking about.

I think the ANH hero just went for like $240,000. It's too bad, too - we'll probably never find out what was on it, now.

I'm not sure we even have a source for the cabinet stuff. Lonepigeon might have a better idea than I do.

A little off topic but offered as a light moment:

Anyone ever wonder why Han Solo had a very prominent Droid Caller but never owned any Droids?

And actually hated Droids!

Last edited:

OK, i´m back from shopping.

Gents, some pics for your kind acknowledgement. :lol

The first cut is the deepest - after that it hurts no more. :cool

Bullbarrel001.jpg

Some cuts later - it´s level:

Bullbarrel002.jpg

Unchucking it from the mill, and chucking it in the lathe. A first cut with 1° taper:

Bullbarrel003.jpg

(Ignore the hits left of the taper, they are later hide in the adapter for the flashhider)

After some more cuts and some lapping, the first test fit - "Clarence, we have clearance" :) :

Bullbarrel004.jpg

The underside:

Bullbarrel005.jpg

Some random pics from different angles:

Bullbarrel006.jpg

Bullbarrel007.jpg

And with mounted scope:

Bullbarrel011.jpg

Bullbarrel008.jpg

Bullbarrel009.jpg

Bullbarrel010.jpg

The good news:

Were comming closer. :D

The bad news:

It is not possible to offer a simple one part "bullbarrel with adapter for flashhider" that can be permanent added to the receiver, and keep it ready to dissassembly. Only for Denix, as it´s upper receiver lifts up.

MGC and Mauser needs to have a 2-part system, 1 bullbarrel + 1 adapter for the flashhider - the adapter has to be disassembled when the upper receiver shall be slide off the lower.

I forget to make the related pics, will post them later this night.

Great job! Barrel look RIGHT.

I think your top of receiver is higher than a real Mauser which is why you may not show as much bevel although it looks pretty good from the pics! You can always mill off a few tenths.

You are right about the parts though. Wed have to consider how to do it best. Maybe a barrel, FH, and Dowel?

I always thought the the right side pre pro. hero showed the Scope being raised a bit because the barrel was angled down but now your version clearly shows it matches.

Nice work!

Does the receiver/barrel combo slide back far enough with the FH on to disassemble the MGC?

Great job, Lichtbringer. That bull barrel looks great - and does rhyme with the pics of the original Hero blaster, IMO.:thumbsup

I thought they never found the real ANH HERO or was that the Greedo version?

My mistake; I was referring to the ANH Hero lightsaber - Luke's Graflex. I don't know much about the actual blaster prop, I'm afraid.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back