1/650 Scale Enterprise E

REL

Sr Member
I started this thread to post progress pictures of the Ent E I'm building for Kurt. It's been awhile since I've built up a kit, the last one was Voyager about 10 years ago so I'm excited about this. Right now I'm doing lighting test's.

The nacelle.

kkee1.jpg

The secondary hull sprayed with silver to block the light.
This was a flawed piece and isn't the actual one I'm going to use for Kurt's build up, I'm just using it for testing.

kkee2.jpg

With the lights on, since the kit is clear all I have to do is mask off where the windows are before I paint.
I know the windows are crooked, I took like 5 minutes to put those on so don't flame me lol.
kkee3.jpg

Here's a cool pic of the ILM made Enterprise D studio model using the same technique.

EDcross3.jpg

That's what I want for the Enterprise D. When Ertl did the Yamaguchi kit in clear I was just waiting for them to release the D kit in clear. Too bad they dropped the license before they thought of that.

Oh yeah I know, I wish it was in clear too. In fact I remember calling Ertl after they first released the Ent D asking how much it would cost to cast one in clear for me, yeah they hung up on me.

Here's a decal test.
decaltease.jpg

Oh, pretty pretty lights. :D

Seriously, I don't get tired looking at this beautifully made ship and seeing it lighted, painted. Whew.

Nice decals there too. This ship is coming to life now. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

B

<div class='quotetop'>(REL @ Aug 21 2006, 06:35 AM) [snapback]1304301[/snapback]</div>
In fact I remember calling Ertl after they first released the Ent D asking how much it would cost to cast one in clear for me, yeah they hung up on me.
[/b]

lol. Awesome. :thumbsup

I bet you they only cast these in opaque colors because 98% of the modelmakers only glue the model together and apply the decals...

Tim

DUUUUUUUUUUDE. This looks great Richard. Thank You. YOU AMAZE ME MAN. :D

ONLY 5 minutes to place all those windows on that "test piece" and they're STILL that straight?... You're indeed a MACHINE... :thumbsup :eek :thumbsup

Thomas.... those decal designs are FLIPPIN CRAZY AWESOME....

Chris,....regarding which version... it is the NEMESIS version. This entire cast of Richards is based off of that design as it is MUCH different than it's predecessors in most ways.

Sometime after all is complete with the current 07 schedule, I am deciding of wether to have a second built with just basic window lighting (in powered down mode) and panels missing while in Space Dock. (YES,.. INCLUDING THE SPACE DOCK). Just like seen in the end of Nemesis. Since this ship design and crew have been retired from new adventures, I thought it appropriate to commemorate the last seen we saw it in. What do you all think? :confused

The Space Dock is currently being developed and will be awhile, I think, before it is ready,... so I hope that I have breathing time..LOL. Since I will not divulge his name at this time, I can say it's designer is truly THE BEST for that kind of work and I can't wait to see it come to life.

Richard,.. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE. LOL :p I am drooling on my keyboard. :)

Bob,.. the launch date is being estimated at the first TUESDAY in November. LOL. Naaa... Nov. 1, 06 is when it has been estimated by both Richard and I for delivery. Richard actually thinks it will be completed sooner. :eek He's a Machine I tell ya.... Probably a Terminator from the future that only wanted to build models of other Terminators,.. so they sent him back in time to do design work. LOLOLOL.. OK... I'm geekin out now. :lol LOL.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. She's being built.... (drool, drool, drool) TOO EXCITING.... :D

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Aug 21 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1304475[/snapback]</div>
Sometime after all is complete with the current 07 schedule, I am deciding of wether to have a second built with just basic window lighting (in powered down mode) and panels missing while in Space Dock. (YES,.. INCLUDING THE SPACE DOCK). Just like seen in the end of Nemesis. Since this ship design and crew have been retired from new adventures, I thought it appropriate to commemorate the last seen we saw it in. What do you all think? :confused

[/b]

No doubt its a great idea to have the ship on dry dock. It will be uber fantastic piece of art. :thumbsup

B

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Bob,.. the launch date is being estimated at the first TUESDAY in November. LOL. Naaa... Nov. 1, 06 is when it has been estimated by both Richard and I for delivery. Richard actually thinks it will be completed sooner.[/b]

Tuesday... :D

I just checked on another delivery. The 'package' is somewhere between Sac and here. Tuesday....Tuesday....

whu... 'scuse me while i mop up the drool. i don't know anything about this line of models, nor am i really into StarTrek that much, but wow. what scale is this going to be and when can i see a finished piece.?

Thanks.

It's a 1/650 scale, clear fiberglass kit that has photo etch parts and decals made by an industry professional using studio renders. It's 40" long when completely built up.

build13.jpg

Your E is among the most impressive creations I've ever seen on this, or any other, board. Looking forward to November...please post pics of the official commissioning.

<div class='quotetop'>(imaginager @ Aug 21 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1304877[/snapback]</div>
Your E is among the most impressive creations I've ever seen on this, or any other, board. Looking forward to November...please post pics of the official commissioning.
[/b]
Yea...November will be an awesome month indeed.

I agree... Richard's E is a great master.

He told me he is just testing out technique on the error pieces before doing mine full on. I am anxious to see the real build get started too,.. but I will take the quality on this piece above rushing at this point.

I am very excited. :D

Anything new on this today Richard? :confused

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Aug 21 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1304531[/snapback]</div>
Im not at all into Trek models, but damn that thing could convert me, be great to see one finished up. AMAZING :thumbsup
[/b]

Lol like me, I'm not a trek fan boy, but this one is awesome .

Rel, I know the silver coat is to stop light but she is wonderfull with it lol .
And the decals look great .

Keep up the good work and thanks to share pics with us .

WOW. that is crazy. is this available? or a one of a kind?
great Idea to cast it in clear fiberglass .does it need any structural reinforcing or can it stand alone?
if its available please point me to the source.
Thankls.
MSL

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back