Super 8 Cube

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got to see Super 8 yesterday. It did a good job of earning the Amblin Entertainment logo. It felt like it captured the classic sense of Spielberg awe and wonder.

Perhaps the most significant prop from the movie, in terms of screen time, was a white cube with raised square nodules and bumps on it. It seemed to change appearance at least once with the nodules becoming more refined and detailed. I imagine it won't be that difficult to make once good screen captures are out there.

Can't wait to see this movie...I sure hope its a gooder. The cube thingy looks kinda cool too:

001.jpg

Thanks for the picture. It seems to look more detailed once he has it on display. I don't know if that is a second version...

I snapped a couple of screenshots of the cubes from Valve's teaser that they had in Portal 2. There should be a model somewhere in the Portal files as well, Im still trying to find the poster textures, so Ill see if I can find it too.

5816288462_34cd3c1675_b.jpg

5815721507_41730f9235_b.jpg

5816288390_559f67c21a_b.jpg

Cheers,
-John-

Yeah, I noticed the corners too. I didn't know you were making a model of it, although looking at it now, it doesn't look like it should be too hard to model.

good luck, it should be a prove to be a cool little prop when its done.

Cheers,
-John-

Ok, I want this to get made really bad!! Here's what I have.

Their called Argus cubes or space cubes.

viewtopic.php

THIS ONE BELOW IS SCREEN USED FROM THE TRAIN SCENE AND IS 2" x 2". IT'S MISSING A SQUARE ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM CORNERS CLOSEST TO THE CAMERA.

06.jpg

Also, who ever ends up making these I have a HUGE group on people waiting for a good quality prop replica.

Bobby

Last edited:
Yep, Super 8 35mm Special Edition # 1 which can be found in most if not all DC comics from the end of May week of the 25th. It's an insert.

Bobby

Paramount dropped the C&D. Case closed for fan made cubes. QMx is going to offer replicas of the cubes soon. Hopefully from molds made off of the screen used cubes. I'm beginning to think it's a waste of time to replicate props from new films unless of course it's for yourself only.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back