Official Star Trek Kitbash Kontest - We Have our Winners!

Vote for your favorite kitbashed Star Trek Starship!

• Contestant 1

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Contestant 2

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Contestant 3

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Contestant 4

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • Contestant 5

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • Contestant 6

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Contestant 7

Votes: 23 14.2%

• Total voters

RPF Staff

Legendary Member
Community Staff
Big thanks to Jm419 for putting on this contest! Here are your contestants! Vote away!

Note: Unlike previous polls, you may vote for multiple contestants!

------------------------------------------

Contestant 1
View attachment 55483 View attachment 55484 View attachment 55485
Registry: NCC-1674
Name: USS Foxtrot
Vessel-Type: Hood-class
Mission: Deep space exploration

Contestant 2
View attachment 55486 View attachment 55487 View attachment 55488
Registry: NCC-16472
Name: I.S.S. Sato (Terran Empire)
Vessel-Type: Dreadnought
Mission: System submission / conquest
Brief Backstory: The alien power cells mounted on the exterior deuterium tanks produce a high-energy plasma pulse similar to the Romulans' weapon. With more than twice the interior volume of the Constitution class and no recreation areas, the Sato is a ship devoted entirely to war.

Contestant 3
View attachment 55489 View attachment 55490 View attachment 55491
Registry: NCC – 1764
Name: ISS Defiant
Vessel-Type: Attack Cruiser
Mission: Military Support

Registry: NCC – 1672
Name: ISS Exeter
Vessel-Type: Science Vessel
Mission: Exploration

Registry: TS - 185
Name: Rakal
Vessel-Type: Military Scout
Mission: Reconnaissance

Registry: Tetrahedron
Name: Unimatrix 303
Vessel-Type: Long Range Scout
Mission: Exploration

Responding to a distress call from the Terran Empire / Romulan neutral zone the ISS-Defiant discovers the ISS-Exeter and, Romulan Scout ship, The Rekal under attack by an odd tetrahedron shaped ship. The strange vessel gave only one hail. “We are the Borg. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile!

Contestant 4
View attachment 55492 View attachment 55493 View attachment 55494
Name: Romulan Bird of Prey
Vessel-Type: Attack ship
Brief Backstory: In the original draft of Wrath of Khan the Bird of prey was supposed to be of Romulan origin, and I liked the idea of bridging the TOS Romulan Bird of prey with the Klingon. I tried to keep it looking TOS era with a hint at the direction the design would go.

Contestant 5
View attachment 55495 View attachment 55496 View attachment 55497
Registry: NCC-672
Name: U.S.S. Triton
Vessel-Type: Declaration Class (refit)
Mission: Deep space exploration, research, first contact missions
Brief Backstory: The Declaration class was the Federation's ship-of-the-line in the early part of the 23rd century. Design refinements led to a class refit and the development of the Constitution class in the 2240s; both projects were the brainchild of the prolific head of Starfleet R&D, Admiral Matthew Jefferies.

Contestant 6
View attachment 55498 View attachment 55499 View attachment 55500
Registry: NCC-1171
Name: U.S.S. Tonga
Vessel-Type: Colony Transport Tug
Mission: To transport civilian personnel for planetary colonization.
Brief Backstory: The starship U.S.S. Tonga NCC-1171 was commissioned in 2245 and designed to transport civilians for planetary colonization. The Tonga features detachable dual saucers to allow spacious personnel transport and both a tractor beam and mooring beam to enable towing and the retrieval of other starships.

Contestant 7
View attachment 55501 View attachment 55502 View attachment 55503
Registry: SS-2001
Name: U.S.S. Earhart
Vessel-type: Explorer ship
Mission: Deep-space exploration
Background: The U.S.S. Earhart is a Constitution-class Federation starship. Launched in 2266 under the command of Captain Rosaline Kane, the vessel's primary goal was to seek out alien life. In 2269, Earhart was given a new mission, requiring an evanescent appearance and an all-female crew to transport the inhabitants of Taurus II.

Last edited:
Contestant 4
View attachment 55492 View attachment 55493 View attachment 55494
Name: Romulan Bird of Prey
Vessel-Type: Attack ship
Brief Backstory: In the original draft of Wrath of Khan the Bird of prey was supposed to be of Romulan origin, and I liked the idea of bridging the TOS Romulan Bird of prey with the Klingon. I tried to keep it looking TOS era with a hint at the direction the design would go.

I think that's "The Search For Spock", not "Wrath of Khan". Anyways, you get my vote. :)

I LIKE IT!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'd say vote for me but you dont know which is mine :confused so... :cry

I will say all of the entries are great but at last count we need one more prize just so we don't have one looser. That would suck.

Ohhhh I just had a horible idea :angry This might suck more than being the only looser but who knows. Why dont we give the "last winner" :love the rest of our unused parts.

god I should lose just for suggesting it :( but I hope I dont. :)

The amount of creativity is simply astounding. The most awesome design is so because it is seamless and because I can't guess where some of the parts came from (the essence of good kitbashing). I can't wait to see what the NEXT contest will do...

3 for me. Great ideas there - although all entrants show great ideas, these just did something for me from an original creative POV above all others.
Good luck everyone!

All of them were great. But I kept getting drawn back to #1, I absolutely love the design. If it was a kit, I'd certainly get it!

Technically it is a kit (er two kits). You just have to get special instructions which will hopefully come in the fallowing weeks with build threads. :D:D:D

What I am most astounded by is the quality of these builds given the extremely strict rules Jm419 layed out for this contest. The contestants were extremely limited on the resources they could use so to see such cool pieces come from that makes it twice as awesome!

# 4 for me had the most creative and effective design in using the models. # 5 has the best finish / painting skills of all the entries. Way to go guys!

This is definitely one of the tougher contests to judge that I've seen here, partly since everyone had to use the same parts. I keep changing my mind on which entry I like best; in my opinion you could make a claim for each of them to win top honor! Hope the voting stays up for enough time to make my decision!

I think they all have very creative designs and are cool reorganizations of available model parts.

IMO, #5 is the only one that looks like a spaceship and not a model, so that's what I voted for. Perhaps that means I voted for a paintjob instead of a kitbash approach, so if I strayed from the contest's intent, I apologize...

(...but it's probably my favorite design, too, so we're good. :lol )

But they're all way cool. :thumbsup

SOme great designs, but I found myself thinking that #5 looked the most like a real ship from the Starfleet I know and love.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back