Official Star Trek Kitbash Kontest - We Have our Winners!

Vote for your favorite kitbashed Star Trek Starship!

• Contestant 1

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Contestant 2

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Contestant 3

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Contestant 4

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • Contestant 5

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • Contestant 6

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Contestant 7

Votes: 23 14.2%

• Total voters
Thanks for the comments, everyone. It's easier than it looks, though. Lol.

Bluecow chose the Gold-plated Starfleet badge.

Sharna, it's your turn to choose.

As there are only 6 prizes and 7 winners, I'll take the barware set... Then Levi's prize can be 'not venturing out of the house to the post it' LMAO Oh! And watching me use it :p

Congratulations Durrett! Sorry I haven't been around to express my praise and admiration for everyone’s entries (Uni project is killing me right now), but the standard of work is incredible. Great finishes and definitely something I should work on the next time I enter a competition LOL I don't think I fully understood the idea of Kitbashing and just made a pretty star ship I would like to fly around in :p

I will certainly be checking out your build threads when the summer holidays hit and hopefully will get to play with some more model kits :)

A general suggestion for the next contest: Voting by each person could be a specific number of points for creativity, a specific number of points for painting, and a a specific number of points for overall design. From 0 to 10 points in each category. The total points in each category would be tallied. Then, you could have a different winner in each category. Also, provision should be made for ties.

A general suggestion for the next contest: Voting by each person could be a specific number of points for creativity, a specific number of points for painting, and a a specific number of points for overall design. From 0 to 10 points in each category. The total points in each category would be tallied. Then, you could have a different winner in each category. Also, provision should be made for ties.

I agree! This would also limit the number of prizes required. Three different categories plus one overall winner four total prizes. and no the overall winner could not take all four prizes. they would get a grand Prize and the next highest in those categories would then get the related prizes. I admit this is a bit more confusing but it would make for a much more rounded and accurate vote. I am always up for something new.

Yeah, that could work.

I'm not sure if he's contacted you, but Draphin has kindly and generously provided prizes for our two runners-up. The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks, everyone - it was real fun to run the Kontest, and see what everyone came up with.

Got my Prize today and it is fantastic. Thank you to Jm419 for running this Kontest and TheSt.LouisKid for offering this amazing Prize. Once I have it together and painted I will try to remember to put up a pic.

I got mine today! It's the coolest thing ever! I'm so glad I came last now :lol:lol:lol Seriously, it's really cool! I will post photos when I manage to take one without breaking the camera.

And the bonus is: My sister is totally jealous! :)

Thank you so much! :thumbsup

PS. My mum says it's absolutely brilliant and wants to know what else you make.

I got mine today! It's the coolest thing ever! I'm so glad I came last now :lol:lol:lol Seriously, it's really cool! I will post photos when I manage to take one without breaking the camera.

And the bonus is: My sister is totally jealous! :)

Thank you so much! :thumbsup

PS. My mum says it's absolutely brilliant and wants to know what else you make.

Right now nothing... I have been suffering from artists block. No real inspiration aside from The Kontest. I have been trying to work but find it hard to stay motivated. Plus we (my wife and I) are planning on moving soon so I have not wanted to make any inventory of previous projects because that is just more to travel. Frankly this gift was a bit of a test for myself to see what type of response I got. I expected positive but since both dalton and yourself gave me more than just a simple positive response I am really thinking that I need to dive back into these and give them another shot. I have also been thinking of trying a bow tie style. And some other Ideas have floated around. in the mean time I have posted some of my old projects on a web site for wood workers called Lumberjocks and my Screen name there is smiley. In fact here is a link for you if you want to check it out.

P.S. Thank your sister for me as well. I love my Knife kit from the TheSt.LouisKid

Ok, what about the "official" results, and who won? I'd like to know what prize the first place chose, 2nd, & so on!

I realize their was no real "official" post but all that info is in the thread so I guess their was a feeling of no real need to post who got what. Although most of that is in the thread as well. on a personal note to be honest if Sharna hadn't taken Levis prize (the barware set) and took the knife kit I got I would have chosen your hot wheels model so you could get the barware set. ( I just dont drink) but as it turned out I got the Knife kit Sharna got the barware set and you got a cool Tie.

Just to clarify.

Place / name / contestant #

1. Durrett #4
2. E Williams #5
3. Bluecow #1
4. Sharna #7
5. Draphin #3
6. Daltman1967 #2
7. Levi #6

At least this is how I read it. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me.

Durrett chose the MPC Star Destroyer and the Klingon Bird of Prey kits.
E Williams chose the Bandai Enterprise kit.
Bluecow chose the Gold-plated Starfleet badge.
Sharna chose the Barware set.
I (Draphin) chose the Klingon Knife Kit.
Which left you (daltman1967) and Levi in the lurch (unacceptable to me since we are all winners) so you two got those Ties.

The real question however still remains....

:wackoWHEN IS THE NEXT KONTEST!?!?!:wacko

(Draphin colapses on the floor looking like a junkie going through withdrawl)
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Right now nothing... I have been suffering from artists block. No real inspiration aside from The Kontest. I have been trying to work but find it hard to stay motivated. Plus we (my wife and I) are planning on moving soon so I have not wanted to make any inventory of previous projects because that is just more to travel. Frankly this gift was a bit of a test for myself to see what type of response I got. I expected positive but since both dalton and yourself gave me more than just a simple positive response I am really thinking that I need to dive back into these and give them another shot. I have also been thinking of trying a bow tie style. And some other Ideas have floated around. in the mean time I have posted some of my old projects on a web site for wood workers called Lumberjocks and my Screen name there is smiley. In fact here is a link for you if you want to check it out.

P.S. Thank your sister for me as well. I love my Knife kit from the TheSt.LouisKid

Just make sure you get set up again before Christmas. I have a feeling my mum wants to buy wooden ties for everyone she knows :lol

Just make sure you get set up again before Christmas. I have a feeling my mum wants to buy wooden ties for everyone she knows :lol

:eek :eek :eek Yeiks :eek :eek :eek

I guess this means I will have to get my jigs set up and take a trip to the lumber yard.

Everyone, everyone all were so inspired... truly great artists. This kind of thing is what keeps modeling like this (as opposed to CGI) alive. I've decided to keep my blog of my kitbash going (I was asking to have it deleted), and I'll be posting my mini-blog of my Kontest build soon.

Draphin, a bow tie would be hilarious - and way cool for anyone who wears 'em. Belt buckles next? I once saw a keyboard/mouse set made of wood; I think a wooden thumb drive would be kinda cool. Also, a nice three-d version of the Starfleet Combadge in 2 or 3 different kinds of wood would be awesome (larger than lifesize, to be put on a wall). There's some inspiration for you!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back