Official Star Trek Kitbash Kontest - We Have our Winners!

Vote for your favorite kitbashed Star Trek Starship!

• Contestant 1

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • Contestant 2

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Contestant 3

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Contestant 4

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • Contestant 5

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • Contestant 6

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Contestant 7

Votes: 23 14.2%

• Total voters
I believe we still have another week and some of us are vying for a better position in the ranks. Besides you never know in the next week their could be a dramatic turn of events. I know not likely but... "In every pot hole their is Hope", Mixed Nuts

It was prety close for me between #4 and #5.

I had to go with #4 though as I'm in love building a RBOP myself so I'm a little biased right now.

Congrats to contestant #4! In this case, the old adage of less is more wins out in my opinion. The simplicity and functionality of the design would do Matt Jefferies proud. The ship looks like it could have been a real TOS vessel! Well done!

That's true. I've been out of town, but the ending was intended to be concluded on the tenth.

Can a mod take care of closing the vote, please?

I came last! This sucks! I can't believe my sister beat me. She spent about 2hrs on it and ran out the door while the paint was still wet! I spent weeks on it! Melting plastic, inhaling poison fumes and burning my finger tips.....and fighting my sandpaper phobia......and she still beat me!! :cry

I came last! This sucks! I can't believe my sister beat me. She spent about 2hrs on it and ran out the door while the paint was still wet! I spent weeks on it! Melting plastic, inhaling poison fumes and burning my finger tips.....and fighting my sandpaper phobia......and she still beat me!! :cry

Ya well I started 3rd and finished 5th. You never know how the votes will swing. I still had fun with it though and will probably enter the next contest as well. I also hope we, the winner especially, got material for a few build threads. I know I was too excited unfortunately to remember to get material for my build thread although I might put together a little written history of what I did and what drove me to build my ships. I will try to keep it not sounding to bitter but don't hold me to that. I am a bit disappointed I did not do better but I guess my interpretation of the the contest was just that much different from the interpretation of the majority of the voters. Having said that I would like to thank Howard that posted he really liked my entry. That made me feel really good.

Here are the places.

1. Durrett
2. E Williams
3. Bluecow
4. Sharna
5. Draphin
6. Daltman1967
7. Levi

So, the prize list is as follows:

TheRPF has provided the following prizes:
1. A 1/850 Bandai Enterprise kit. This is widely considered to be the best Enterprise Refit kit available for amateur modelers, as it comes pre-painted, pre-detailed, and best of all, pre-lit.
2. An MPC Star Destroyer kit and an AMT Klingon Bird of Prey. These two kits are one prize.

3. TheSt.LouisKid has kindly donated one of his custom Klingon Knife kits to this contest. See here: http://www.therpf.com/f13/custom-klingon-knife-kits-113179/
4. Levi has kindly donated a Star Trek barware set. It includes a bottle opener, corkscrew and bottle opener keyring.
C4116.jpg
5. WookieGunner has kindly donated a gold-plated Starfleet badge from the Wrath of Khan. See here: http://www.therpf.com/f13/sign-up-star-trek-all-metal-khan-necklace-buckle-107751/
6. daltman1967 has kindly donated a Micro Machines Enterprise 1701-D model. See here: http://www.therpf.com/f11/official-...ored-rpf-jm419-114320/index4.html#post1690117

Please pick out your prize, Durrett. Congrats to all who participated!

Let's see those build threads!

Ya well I started 3rd and finished 5th. You never know how the votes will swing. I still had fun with it though and will probably enter the next contest as well. I also hope we, the winner especially, got material for a few build threads. I know I was too excited unfortunately to remember to get material for my build thread although I might put together a little written history of what I did and what drove me to build my ships. I will try to keep it not sounding to bitter but don't hold me to that. I am a bit disappointed I did not do better but I guess my interpretation of the the contest was just that much different from the interpretation of the majority of the voters. Having said that I would like to thank Howard that posted he really liked my entry. That made me feel really good.
Yours is cool! It looked like you had loads of fun doing it. I have a weird urge to play with them haha probably because they remind me of my brother's Micro Machine starships he had when we were younger.

I forgot about build pictures. I only really have photos I took of my different designs so I'd remember them in case I needed to revert back. You wouldn't believe how much sticky tape I got through... :lol

Yours is cool! It looked like you had loads of fun doing it. I have a weird urge to play with them haha probably because they remind me of my brother's Micro Machine starships he had when we were younger.

I forgot about build pictures. I only really have photos I took of my different designs so I'd remember them in case I needed to revert back. You wouldn't believe how much sticky tape I got through... :lol

I am just now starting a build thread and all I got for pics is well.... Oh hell you'll just have to see. But I would love to see your mock ups.

"It has Begun!"draphins star trek kitbash build thread

Congrats Durrett, the Bird of Prey is REALLY impressive -- super creative parts use. Took me a bit to figure out, but I can ID all the parts except for the nacelle wings - maybe made from pieces of a saucer lower half?

My initial idea was to go with a Starfleet style BoP (the "Balance of Terror" script made mention of the BoP being based on stolen Federation tech, so some shared details/features would have made sense) but I couldn't work it out in my head... mainly because of the wings, haha. Your design would have blown my version out of the water anyway- great work! It got a vote from me.

Also, thank you to those who voted for mine; I appreciated the nice comments that were left :)

Everyone has done a great job. The response to this was fantastic; I love kitbashes, and these are just great. I may be stealing a few designs here.

Durrett has chosen the MPC Star Destroyer and the Klingon Bird of Prey kits.

E Williams, it's your turn to choose a prize.

Congrats Durrett, the Bird of Prey is REALLY impressive -- super creative parts use. Took me a bit to figure out, but I can ID all the parts except for the nacelle wings - maybe made from pieces of a saucer lower half?

Thank you. The nacelle pylons were made from the starfleet logo bases filled in with bits of scrap. They were ugly no matter how much I sanded them, so I hid the seams with the "feathers" Had I been able, I would have employed a more detailed paint scheme like yours, it came out very nicely. I will re-post my build thread once it is up on my blog.

I had a lot of fun with this contest. I was too excited unfortunately to remember to get material for a build thread and was just in build mode to get it done. It was really a work in process through the whole build. I had a over all idea that I wanted in the end but it was a lot of trying pieces here and there to see what looked good. I 'll put together a little written history of what I did and what drove me to build my ship.

Thanks JM419 for organizing the contest.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back