ASHPD (Portal Gun) pepakura model

Are you sure the round shells are the difficult part? I thought this would be the easiest part since there are no tiny corners. I made a 20cm pepakura companion cube and the worst part were the small pink lines and prefolding all the tiny flaps.

I wonder how you will make the claws. maybe it is easier to use a thick plastic plate and use the pepakura prints just as a template to cut them.

5790834963_31b265e37e_m.jpg
b104f14636t84584ea95807.gif

I ENJOY THIS.

Seriously though, looks great! How are you gluing it together? It looks very clean.

Last edited:
That is why I made 45 cm weighted companion cube =)
And unlike me you had a base cube inside for better stability. It was a bad idea to only cut the pepacura parts, sometimes you just need some kind of stable skeleton. Also i need thicker paper next time.

Will you also reinforce the parts from the inside with fiberglass? Might be difficult if you glue the barrel together already.

Hallo from Bulgaria :) Just started this awesome project, and i was wondering is there a substitute for resin because it's pretty expensive here, for the price of 50ml i would build 2 more portal guns.Can i use papier mache or just something else that is cheaper that would not bend the model while drying.10x a lot :)

This is probably a silly question but what program do you use to open the pdo file?

btw, you are incredible!!!!

Hey! I downloaded your pep model and have to say it is awesome! Here are some pics of the build, not as pretty as yours but not bad for a beginner. Enjoy!

7835140612_0a1d0c0912.jpg

7835139836_efa21c160f.jpg

7835139036_c5053b4f7d.jpg

7835137938_6238df71a9.jpg

7835136936_83e070f677.jpg

7835135216_88abef1b8d.jpg

Hello everyone! I registered here in particular to thank the autor of this topic for his awesome pepakura model of the Portal Gun! A really nice work! =D

I'm already at work, but I need to ask for a pair of things: what's the best way to attach the two shells to the rest of the gun? And you guys, how did you do the three "fangs" of the gun? Thank you for your advices =D

P.S.: I'm italian, so I apologize for my grammar errors =D

Hello everyone! I registered here in particular to thank the autor of this topic for his awesome pepakura model of the Portal Gun! A really nice work! =D

I'm already at work, but I need to ask for a pair of things: what's the best way to attach the two shells to the rest of the gun? And you guys, how did you do the three "fangs" of the gun? Thank you for your advices =D

P.S.: I'm italian, so I apologize for my grammar errors =D

Im working on this project right now too, I have put in an order at shapeways.com for them to be printed from alumide for the strength. PM me and I can send you the private link for the shop.

Hello all, I'm a Mac user (yeah I know lame) and I'm planning on being Chell for halloween and I stumbled across this awesome build. So I was hoping someone could help me figure out how I can convert bevbor's .pdo file in to a printable .pdf I can use? I already tried to download a file converter and a virtual PC program but I had no luck making those work. TIA!

Hello all, I'm a Mac user (yeah I know lame) and I'm planning on being Chell for halloween and I stumbled across this awesome build. So I was hoping someone could help me figure out how I can convert bevbor's .pdo file in to a printable .pdf I can use? I already tried to download a file converter and a virtual PC program but I had no luck making those work. TIA!

hey i have it converted to a pdf file if you want it, let me know

Hey, I just came here to say that your pepakura portal gun is so awesome! :D

I made it too, but I have never done any pepakura so this was maybe a bit tricky but I think it turned out well in the end. I am currently fiberglassing it and I have never done it too. I hope it turns out well :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back