Four Sonic Screwdrivers plus carrying case on the set of Doctor Who

That sonic has grown on me for sure. Hated it when it first appeared but I'd be happy with one of those. :) (or a decent metal one, no matter the maker)

There has been just as little talk from CT about doing this as there has been from Qmx so I'm going to put my faith in Qmx since the actual prop builder did say there IS an official replica coming out.

Yes because the last time an "Official" Sonic Screwdriver was announced and released MFX released it at an impossible price not to mention it was the wrong colour, no sound, plus it looked like a CO Sonic with a slider activation switch. Oh yes and they lost their license gee wonder why huh?

I don't think it looks like a CO screwdriver, though in terms of accuracy it doesn't live up to the likes of CT's Sonic. Does anyone know if the red buttons were a feature on all four sonics and if they are still functioning?

Thanks Theta, I was just curious as to whether it was removed or if it will ever be shown on screen.

As for the MFX 'debate' I don't deny the MFX had its flaws, though I would never go as far as to say it was bad.

Maybe CT will create a carrying case like this one for his 11th Doctor's Sonic?:cool

The red buttons are actually on the props, but none of them are functional and never have been. Something about the way the circuit is makes it impossible for the button to work.

I don't think it looks like a CO screwdriver, though in terms of accuracy it doesn't live up to the likes of CT's Sonic. Does anyone know if the red buttons were a feature on all four sonics and if they are still functioning?

You could always just build your own...
img0009uf.jpg

;)

Do you happen to have any other pictures of your build?! That looks incredible so far.

-Nick

Not yet. I'm still prototyping a lot of the pieces, but have had certain parts (like the knurled aluminium slider) machined out of aluminium and so far everything is coming along quite well. The steel parts in this pic will obviously be copper plated when I'm ready to finish this off. The prop is a challenging piece, but a lot of fun to work on.

Dan

That's an interesting bit of info. Can you share how you learned that?

-best

Dan

I can't seem to find the site anymore... It was something I came across while looking up the prop a few months back. It actually had a couple pics of the butt-end of the prop open and showing the button. It had some descriptions and it looked like it might have been a scan from some sort of book...something like the DK books, but it didn't say and I haven't found that either. Wish I'd saved the pics!

The red buttons are actually on the props, but none of them are functional and never have been. Something about the way the circuit is makes it impossible for the button to work.

I could have sworn we saw Smith holding the sonic with the top part coming out the bottom of his hand using the red button to light it up in one of the more recent episodes.

I will have to re-watch, maybe I saw it wrong.

In The Time of Angels, does Matt (pretend to) use the bottom button? When River asks him to 'sonic her'. He holds it horizontally and with two hands, but i can't tell whether he flips the bottom cap just as he brings it up.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back