Four Sonic Screwdrivers plus carrying case on the set of Doctor Who

I could have sworn we saw Smith holding the sonic with the top part coming out the bottom of his hand using the red button to light it up in one of the more recent episodes.

I will have to re-watch, maybe I saw it wrong.

It does look like Matt uses the red button to light up the sonic sometimes, but that doesn't necessarily mean the button is functional.
Tennant used to do this all the time with his sonic. he would put his thumb on the cap and act like he was activating it from the bottom, but was actually lighting up the tip by pressing the side button with his pinky.

Dan

I have some new information on the case.

1. Part Number
2. Internal Dimensions
3. Higher resolution images of the case.

After a bit of searching, I found the right Sennheiser case. It's part of a microphone accessory kit. The model number is "MZ 2". These kits are available online for around $35-40.

After taking out the foam, I measured the inside of the case. The space the 4 sonics are in is 223 mm long. It is 141 mm wide. If you include the pockets where they are storing switches and batteries, it is 161 mm wide.

Here are some higher resolution images of the case with the sonics on the Doctor Who set.

All sizes | SonicCaseInsideCropped2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

All sizes | SonicCaseInsideCropped1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back