Pepakura Stormtrooper Helmet

Stormie

Here it is so far, it still needs a little work. So don't build it just yet.

Download:
Preview2.pdo

Preview.jpg

Last edited:
The front of the helmet looks pretty good so far. I will be looking forward to the completion of this model. Which helmet are you modeling it after? The front of the helmet seems to resemble the ANH stunt.

The front of the helmet looks pretty good so far. I will be looking forward to the completion of this model. Which helmet are you modeling it after? The front of the helmet seems to resemble the ANH stunt.

Yes, it's based on the stunt. But I tried to make it more "symmetrical," rather unlike the original helmet.

Last edited:
It looks ok but let me give you some pointers with pepakura you see those red lines they are known as a open edge so when you go to build this out of paper you'll have two pieces that don't have a tab or numbers to join the two pieces together. Then you have some grey on the white model, you want to select the grey faces and invert them so that in pepakura designer they are white, they are called flipped faces. Both of these in pepakura make a model a royal pain to build without repairs to the 3D model.

It looks ok but let me give you some pointers with pepakura you see those red lines they are known as a open edge so when you go to build this out of paper you'll have two pieces that don't have a tab or numbers to join the two pieces together. Then you have some grey on the white model, you want to select the grey faces and invert them so that in pepakura designer they are white, they are called flipped faces. Both of these in pepakura make a model a royal pain to build without repairs to the 3D model.

Thanks for the advice, but those pieces are meant to be separated like the original helmet. But I didn't know that I had to invert those faces though.

Had a go at preview3. With dungbeetle bucket I'm trying to finish for comparison.
Scaled it the same height as the previous - around 280mm but cant get my head in it. I'll try trim under the chin a bit.

7318-stormtrooper-bucket-attempt-3-4.jpg

Last edited:
Had a go at preview3. With dungbeetle bucket I'm trying to finish for comparison.
Scaled it the same height as the previous - around 280mm but cant get my head in it. I'll try trim under the chin a bit.

Thank you for taking the time to pep the model and build it, it's quite flattering. I'll get back to working on the model, just been a bit frustrated with some problems that I can't wrap my head around. Anyways, please get back to me on whether or not the helmet fits after you've trimmed it. I'm quite curious about the problem, plus I want see what it looks like on your head.

Thanks,
Stormie.

Last edited:
hi,
i tried using this build and so far it looks great, but i'm really confused about the two back halves of the helmet. can you please explain?

thanks!

hi,
i tried using this build and so far it looks great, but i'm really confused about the two back halves of the helmet. can you please explain?

thanks!

What kind of problem are you having? Some pictures would help. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back