Harry Potter Wand Boxes

So I cut a few different materials out. The cardboard sucks. The corrugated (imo) would look better after you put something over it. the cardboard is flimsy and the tough stuff has way too much memory and doesn't want to fold. I'm going to do another style or 2 out of corrugated and then I'll take a few pictures. These really only take literally a few minutes but I go hit with a bunch of projects after I finished the first few. But I have the keys to the place so I'll be staying here until I have some pictures for you.

Sorry about the double post but I have a few pictures.

These are 4 different styles all from corrugated.

The first one is half taped, the other half is open to show the style. I can either put those flaps on the inside or the outside. This one is built so the flaps fold on the inside. I threw some tape on this one to show somewhat how it looks when something is covering the open flutes and the score.

IMG_2492-1.jpg

This one is a "die cut" tray style. there are lots of things I can tweak on it.. it folds up without a hole going through the back. it gets pretty flush.

IMG_2491-1.jpg

Unfolded..and...

IMG_2490-1.jpg

Folded version of this one. You can see that taped up (or in your case the wallpaper or w/e you would use would take care of this) it works.

IMG_2493-2.jpg

I can do any sort of cutting and scoring you could imagine. If you have any ideas or would like to see other pictures just tell me. Lids are easy. The ID (inside dimension) would be the OD (outside) of the body Plus some allowance depending on the thickness of the wallpaper and for ease of opening and closing.

That's basically it. sorry these took so long :confused just tell me if you want to see anything else.

-Joe

These are awesome! Can I see a close picture of the material, itself? Specifically the cut edge?

I think these would work. I like the last one . The one without folds or flaps, that you'd just tape together.

Also, what would the price on smt like this be. PM me the details about that, as I think it is forbidden outside of the JY.

Thanks!

These are awesome! Can I see a close picture of the material, itself? Specifically the cut edge?

I think these would work. I like the last one . The one without folds or flaps, that you'd just tape together.

Also, what would the price on smt like this be. PM me the details about that, as I think it is forbidden outside of the JY.

Thanks!

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow and I'll shoot you a PM :thumbsup

hey! great boxes! i think i'm actually in love! :p could you PM me with some prices too? I live in the UK, just so you know :) thanks

Some up close pictures are taken, I have the box here. waiting for my Camera battery to charge ^^;; Pics up tonight or tomorrow when i wake up. I'll try to get PMs out tomorrow as well!

I'm building a box prototype for the HP-inspired wands I've made (photos of which will be forthcoming when an opportunity to take some presents itself). In the meantime, here's the label for the box top, also inspired by the movie but deliberately inaccurate:

Gallowes.jpg

The length and materials would be supplied in the field at the bottom as the wand is boxed.

hi everyone, I've been making some of thses boxes lately for commisions and personnaly, I didn't used corrugated cardboard, but bookbinding type cardboard for them. It comes in various thicknesses and is really solid 9and also acid free if you care about that). for the covering i used different types of craft papers, some with textures, some without and for the ollivander logo on the cover I screen printed it in a contrasting color, here they are :

newboxes.jpg

IMG_2789-2.jpg

IMG_2793-2.jpg

Nice boxes! I like the olivander tag directly on the top.

Is that Luna wand built or bought? Here's the one I threw together for my sis in laws Luna costume.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back